The Student Room Group

How exactly do you revise when you have a solid understanding about most the course?

Hey everyone!

Hopefully my title didn't make me sound like a ****, I was just reflecting on if my revision is actually doing anything, since I can recall things from year 1 and year 2 pretty accurately and can apply that knowledge at least 85% of the time in questions, but I tend to just miss a few keywords here and there or miss out a key point in a 6 mark question.

Maybe this is just me not having enough confidence in myself but I feel like I'm still missing something, if that makes sense? If it helps to know what subjects I take, they are : AQA Bio (ew essay), OCR B Chemistry, OCR A Physics and Edexcel Maths.

Thanks in advance!!
Original post by Ribbity
Hey everyone!

Hopefully my title didn't make me sound like a ****, I was just reflecting on if my revision is actually doing anything, since I can recall things from year 1 and year 2 pretty accurately and can apply that knowledge at least 85% of the time in questions, but I tend to just miss a few keywords here and there or miss out a key point in a 6 mark question.

Maybe this is just me not having enough confidence in myself but I feel like I'm still missing something, if that makes sense? If it helps to know what subjects I take, they are : AQA Bio (ew essay), OCR B Chemistry, OCR A Physics and Edexcel Maths.

Thanks in advance!!

Heya! That's great that you can recall material from previous years! It's like a superpower :smile: I also did Biology, Chemistry and Maths! It seems like you have a solid revision plan! Personally I was having the same issue that at some point I just kind of was stuck between not improving but not doing too bad either. At those times I would go to my teachers or one-to-one tutors and discuss with them on what I can do to improve. External advice really helps! They helped me by tailoring the material in such a way that I could improve and score higher marks. If you are interested then I would recommend checking this website. I believe there is always more to learn and if you are willing to push for it then you'll succeed!
I would also note down any question I didn't score fully on just to keep in mind, so that if I encountered similar sounding question, I knew which keywords to use! Perhaps it would help you as well!
Hopefully this helps! Good luck with your exams!
Milena G.
UCL PFE
www.medicmind.co.uk
Just do practice papers to ensure you are able to actually apply that knowledge.
I tend to keep rewriting my revision notes into different and more succinct terms. It often servers as a good challenge to how well i really understand the material if can quickly explain it in other ways.
Practice papers with mark schemes + memorizing key terms/equations/definitions

Quick Reply

Latest