The Student Room Group

Any advice on writing essays for a level spanish?

I'm in year 12 and we've just started writing those 35 mark essays about a spanish film. We've learned the structure and everything but I just find the cinematic evidence and the analysis really difficult, and more importantly squeezing it all into 300 WORDS! A lot of the questions are worded weirdly as well and I just don't really know how to approach them. Does anyone have any tips/advice?
Hey- I think I can help. I am currently in year 13 and am about to sit my A Levels in the next few weeks (I do french, Spanish and English lit). So in terms of word count, the AQA specification says this: Students will be advised to write approximately 300 words per essay. Everything that students write
will be marked; there is no word limit. Students who write the recommended number of words will have
access to the full range of marks. So don't stress about the word count and squeezing everything in.

With the cinematic evidence, this is how I revised it: our teacher gave us a mind map of all the cinematographic techniques. so I rewatched the film and each time I saw a technique, i would right what's happening in the film and how the technique shows/helps the scene. This is really beneficial because you learn all the techniques whilst analysing the film.
I hope this helps, lmk if you have any more questions.
Focus. Relax. Pray

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending