Clixe.17
Badges: 3
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
Basically, I have been looking all over the internet to see find all the possible university related courses which would enable me to be able to do radiography (MRI specifically) but the only courses I’ve found is Diagnostic Radiography and Medical Science, so my question is are these the only possibilities or are there other course which would enable me to be able to progress into doing radiography
FXX
Badges: 18
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 months ago
Only diagnostic radiography courses will get you registered with the HCPC as a radiographer. Without registration you can't work so there is no alternative.
Clixe.17
Rep:
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by FXX)
Only diagnostic radiography courses will get you registered with the HCPC as a radiographer. Without registration you can't work so there is no alternative.
What about medical science then doing diagnostic radiography as a masters.
FXX
Badges: 18
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Clixe.17)
That would work, but is a bit long winded if you want to get into radiography and not use the medical science degree.

There are fewer MSc courses than BSc courses so less to choose from too. I don't know how competitive the MSc is however.
normaw
Badges: 15
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
What's your reason for not doing a standard diagnostic radiography degree? If it's the entry requirements, some courses do offer the option of a foundation year. There is also the degree apprenticeship route.
Clixe.17
Rep:
(Original post by normaw)
What's your reason for not doing a standard diagnostic radiography degree? If it's the entry requirements, some courses do offer the option of a foundation year. There is also the degree apprenticeship route.
The main reason is the university selection and also I don’t do very well under interview duress there I’ve had a lot of rejections so I wanted to take a similar course which could then allow me to apply for the postgraduate (yes, I know the postgraduate also requires interviews)
HellomynameisNev
Badges: 11
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
The main reason is the university selection and also I don’t do very well under interview duress there I’ve had a lot of rejections so I wanted to take a similar course which could then allow me to apply for the postgraduate (yes, I know the postgraduate also requires interviews)
You could always try and get in somewhere through clearing, less likely to be an interview that way.

However, interviews are a part of life. If and when you qualify, you will still have to have an interview to get your first job, and likely every job after that. I would try to find ways to help you perform in interviews rather than try to find ways to avoid them.
normaw
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by HellomynameisNev)
You could always try and get in somewhere through clearing, less likely to be an interview that way.

However, interviews are a part of life. If and when you qualify, you will still have to have an interview to get your first job, and likely every job after that. I would try to find ways to help you perform in interviews rather than try to find ways to avoid them.
It's very unlikely that radiography will go into clearing. It's a very competitive course and they are more likely to take near misses than someone they haven't interviewed.
normaw
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
The interview is a key part of the process. They need to understand if you will be able to communicate with all types of patients and other team members. Have you done any volunteering or public-facing jobs? If not, I recommend that you do to improve your skills.
Clixe.17
Rep:
(Original post by normaw)
The interview is a key part of the process. They need to understand if you will be able to communicate with all types of patients and other team members. Have you done any volunteering or public-facing jobs? If not, I recommend that you do to improve your skills.
Yh I’ve done work experience at a primary school as a teacher assistant, and done a lot of waitering jobs
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

How confident are you that you'll achieve the grades you need to get into your firm uni?

I think I've exceeded the grades for my university offer (22)
17.32%
I think I've met the grades for my university offer (31)
24.41%
I think I've missed the grades for my university offer (69)
54.33%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (5)
3.94%

Watched Threads