The Student Room Group

Edexcel GCSE Biology Paper 2 Higher Tier 1BI0 2H - 15 Jun 2022 [Exam Chat]

Poll

How did the exam go?

Edexcel GCSE Biology Paper 2 Higher Tier 1BI0 2H - 15 Jun 2022 [Exam Chat]

Here is the exam discussion for this exam. Talk anything from how to revise for it, specific questions or time management :ahee:

Date/Time: Wednesday 15th June AM
Length: 1h45

Resources:
Specification
Advanced Information

:goodluck: with revision and exams :work:
(edited 1 year ago)

Scroll to see replies

Anyone have any 6 marker predictions?
Original post by whatdoiputheree
Anyone have any 6 marker predictions?

one of them is probably ecosystems because there is so much of that topic coming up in the paper
respiration will probs definitely come up cuz the advance information says the topics respirtion, and gas exchange as well as the rate of respiration core practical, and in the past eutrophication, the kidney, hormones - the mentrual cycle or feedback with (eg thyroxine or insulin), diabetes, transpiration and trannslocation, the heart and the nitrogen cycle have all come up. Ecosystems may also be a big section of the paper or be a 6 mark question cuz there are 3 bullet points on the advanced informtion which are for ecosystems - so id revise energy transfers, material cycles (like carbon nitrogen or wter cycle) and decomposition s they all seem likely. hope this helped- i wouldnt trust my advice as i feel like i have bad luck with these kind of things but those are m predictions sorry if thats quite broad but probs ecosystems and respiration and diabetes is my guesses
respiration will probs definitely come up cuz the advance information says the topics respirtion, and gas exchange as well as the rate of respiration core practical, and in the past eutrophication, the kidney, hormones - the mentrual cycle or feedback with (eg thyroxine or insulin), diabetes, transpiration and trannslocation, the heart and the nitrogen cycle have all come up. Ecosystems may also be a big section of the paper or be a 6 mark question cuz there are 3 bullet points on the advanced informtion which are for ecosystems - so id revise energy transfers, material cycles (like carbon nitrogen or wter cycle) and decomposition s they all seem likely. hope this helped- i wouldnt trust my advice as i feel like i have bad luck with these kind of things but those are m predictions sorry if thats quite broad but probs ecosystems and respiration and diabetes is my guesses
How did the exam go?
Original post by Mythical Pingu
How did the exam go?

It was OK, but some stuff that wasn't supposed to come up, came up
Also the last 4 marker was on a topic that was supposed to be low tariff
Oh well, hopefully I will get most of the other stuff
Reply 7
Personally I waffled and it was kind of hard
exam was lekker
Reply 9
hi all
what score you would give to this paper out of 10 being very difficult to score of 1 being very easy.
Original post by mass63
hi all
what score you would give to this paper out of 10 being very difficult to score of 1 being very easy.

3 i think, the questions themselves were easy but it was quite hard to determine what you needed to write to hit the words on the mark scheme, definitely a weird exam tho compared to the past papers
and there was also a big room for silly mistakes to be made
any predictions on what the grade boundaries are going to be
Reply 12
Stupid paper
Reply 13
Paper 1 was way easier than this
Reply 14
Original post by mass63
hi all

3 even tho last question was messed up
Original post by keatz
Paper 1 was way easier than this

a whole lot :frown:
the one mark question about the compost bin seemed strange
well that was ****ing ****
Original post by whatdoiputheree
the one mark question about the compost bin seemed strange

yeah, it threw me off so much ! everything I primarily revised such as hormones, menstrual cycle etc barely came up but the gardening society website did ?? like ??
everyone post what they got for their answers

Quick Reply

Latest