The Student Room Group

Assessment Centre Tips

Hello all, I'm been looking up a few different jobs and all talk about having an assessment centre and I am hoping to gain some advice on the different types of exercises or process that you take in one of these? Thanks in advance for the help!
Reply 1
Assessment days can be held anywhere from the employer's offices to a hotel or training facility. You will work both individually and as part of a group on a variety of exercises, including:

case studies
group discussions
in-tray exercises
presentations
psychometric tests
role play
social events
written tests.

My advise would just be to practise and prepare different things before hand to help your confidence. Good luck :smile:
Original post by brandonbshah
Hello all, I'm been looking up a few different jobs and all talk about having an assessment centre and I am hoping to gain some advice on the different types of exercises or process that you take in one of these? Thanks in advance for the help!

What sort of jobs have you been looking at applying to? I think that what you should expect will be based on what those jobs will usually involve. For example, if you're applying for a admin office job, you might be assessed more using in-tray exercises and psychometric tests such as SJTs and/or verbal reasoning tests.

Maybe check the job requirements for the ones you've found so far and use those to see what you're likely to be assessed on during the ACs to help you prepare and practice for them in advance. Hope this helps and best of luck! :gthumb:
Original post by nathan2472
What sort of jobs have you been looking at applying to? I think that what you should expect will be based on what those jobs will usually involve. For example, if you're applying for a admin office job, you might be assessed more using in-tray exercises and psychometric tests such as SJTs and/or verbal reasoning tests.

Maybe check the job requirements for the ones you've found so far and use those to see what you're likely to be assessed on during the ACs to help you prepare and practice for them in advance. Hope this helps and best of luck! :gthumb:

I have been looking at a wide range of companies to keep my options open like Barclays, Amazon, Unilever etc. Thank you for the advice and will definitely take a look! :smile:
Assessment centres like to use a variety of tests. It varies.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending