The Student Room Group

Hairline Receding at 17

So basically guys my hairline has changed shape. It began when I was 13 and slowly slowly it has gone. My hairline is now different now at 17. Spoke to the DR said it was normal any ideas to prevent this. I will be completely bald before I am 30.
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by peteryoungy
So basically guys my hairline has changed shape. It began when I was 13 and slowly slowly it has gone. My hairline is now different now at 17. Spoke to the DR said it was normal any ideas to prevent this. I will be completely bald before I am 30

I know how u feel, being so young and losing alot of hair can be a massive confidence killer. I had my hairline start receding at 20 and it's very noticeable at this point. However, there are a couple things u could do, for example u could consider using Finasteride, although you will have to do you own research on the positives and side effects. U could also use minoxidil which is a topical treatment, which works well for hairloss overall on the head, although I am not sure whether this is effective for hairline treatment. There are many other things you could try but many do not guarantee results so be wary. But if thesee do not rock your boat then trust me just rock the baldness. Everyone gets anxious at the beginning but after a while you won't even notice it and you'll feel fine, most guys loose alot of hair by 25 to 30 anyway, so it's nothing shocking losing some in ur teens.
My hair was falling out and I tried shampoos, serums, tablets, i even got laser therapy. but if the hair is gone it's gone nothing (except transplant) can get it back. you might be able to slow it down, but if it looks bad already why bother. the two options for me were shave it off and be done with it or get some type of hair piece
(edited 2 years ago)
Supposedly, the actor Matthew McConaughey started balding in his 20s, uses a supplement and now has hair. :dontknow:
I started seeing my Hair thinning at around 17 too :frown: I'm 23 now and it's pretty bad I have a bald spot on the back of my head now and you can see my Scalp if it's very sunny outside it's depressing but I am just moving forward from it.. I was losing so much hair in the shower but I started taking 'perfectil hair tablets' it has a lot of vitamins and biotin in that which you should have after every main meal (2 tablets). After having that I have seen a big difference in terms of less hair falling out. Give it a try if you want :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest