4.persona 5 royal
5.apex legends
6.uncharted all the series but the second was my favourite
7.last of us
8.pokemon heartgold
9.dragon ball z budakia tenkiachi
10.wwe smackdown here comes the pain ps2
Original post by Kallisto
Spyro is still a good game for adults, even if the "boss fights" in the first part are too easy and a big dissappointment. You have no Sonic game in your favorite, that surprises me.

Yep, the Spyro trilogy is still great for adults.

My favourite Sonic games are probably Sonic Adventure and Sonic Heroes, but they're not that good to make my top 10.
In no particular order:

Super Smash Bros Melee

Resident Evil 4

Zelda: Ocarina of Time

Zelda: Majora's Mask

Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Chrono Trigger

Goldeneye (n64)

Super Mario Galaxy

Pokemon Blue

Resident Evil Revelations
Original post by Bongo Bongo
In no particular order:

Super Smash Bros Melee

Resident Evil 4

Zelda: Ocarina of Time

Zelda: Majora's Mask

Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Chrono Trigger

Goldeneye (n64)

Super Mario Galaxy

Pokemon Blue

Resident Evil Revelations

Some N64 classics there, nice!
1. Detroit Become Human
2. Firewatch
3. Red Dead Redemption 2
4. Minecraft
5. Overwatch
6. Little Nightmares
7. Little Misfortune
8. Black Ops 3
9. Infamous: Second Son
10. Telltale's The Walking Dead
Original post by Fenneko
Some N64 classics there, nice!

Yeah, those were the days lol. N64 amid the pokemon craze in like 2000 was mad. I was 8.
Original post by Matrix21
1. Detroit Become Human

I liked that game too. The ending can be really messed up if you make the wrong decisions.

10. Telltale's The Walking Dead

What was your favourite season? Most people say Season 1 because of Lee, and I would probably agree, but I thought Season 4 was an excellent return to form after the - in my opinion - disappointing Seasons 2 & 3.
Original post by Fenneko
I liked that game too. The ending can be really messed up if you make the wrong decisions.

What was your favourite season? Most people say Season 1 because of Lee, and I would probably agree, but I thought Season 4 was an excellent return to form after the - in my opinion - disappointing Seasons 2 & 3.

Luckily my first run went pretty much the way I'd hoped, but when I started going for the platinum some of the results were heart breaking.

As for my favourite season...? That's definitely a tough one. I think everyone can agree Season 3 is the worst of the four. Of course the first was a stellar opening to the series and had such an influence on Telltale, it's place as a studio and arguably gaming as a whole. Season 4 was a great redemption from Season 3, but was missing just a few things to make it stack up to Season 1 for me (or just one woman, I'm sure you know who I'm talking about). I have to disagree with you about Season 2 though, I felt it was really strong, had its fair share of shocking moments and a strong central antagonist (something I feel Season 1 lacked). I suppose I can't quite give a certain answer for my favourite, but I'd tentatively rank them from lowest to highest as: Season 3, Season 1, Season 4 and Season 2
Luckily my first run went pretty much the way I'd hoped, but when I started going for the platinum some of the results were heart breaking.

Nice! Yeah, some of those endings stayed with me, they're very depressing. I had to immediately rewatch the happy ending afterwards lol.

As for my favourite season...? That's definitely a tough one. I think everyone can agree Season 3 is the worst of the four. Of course the first was a stellar opening to the series and had such an influence on Telltale, it's place as a studio and arguably gaming as a whole. Season 4 was a great redemption from Season 3, but was missing just a few things to make it stack up to Season 1 for me (or just one woman, I'm sure you know who I'm talking about). I have to disagree with you about Season 2 though, I felt it was really strong, had its fair share of shocking moments and a strong central antagonist (something I feel Season 1 lacked). I suppose I can't quite give a certain answer for my favourite, but I'd tentatively rank them from lowest to highest as: Season 3, Season 1, Season 4 and Season 2

I definitely agree with you on Season 3. Regarding Season 4, I've been trying to think about who you might be referring to - the "one woman"?

And regarding Season 2, I used to actually like it quite a lot, but I've just grown more annoyed with it as the years have gone by. There's so many things to address (choices affect nothing, poor character development and interactions, , and hey, there's some things that I do like about it. It's not all bad, and it's much better than Season 3, but there's just too many problems with it for me to revisit. I'm glad that you enjoy it though!

Best to worst: Season 4, Season 1, Season 2, Season 3
Original post by Fenneko
Yep, the Spyro trilogy is still great for adults.

My favourite Sonic games are probably Sonic Adventure and Sonic Heroes, but they're not that good to make my top 10.

The old classic games are alright, the modern ones almost garbage. And if the gameplax were and the stages werr adopted to Sonic's pace, the adventure trilogy would even b superb!
Original post by Fenneko
Nice! Yeah, some of those endings stayed with me, they're very depressing. I had to immediately rewatch the happy ending afterwards lol.

I definitely agree with you on Season 3. Regarding Season 4, I've been trying to think about who you might be referring to - the "one woman"?

And regarding Season 2, I used to actually like it quite a lot, but I've just grown more annoyed with it as the years have gone by. There's so many things to address (choices affect nothing, poor character development and interactions, , and hey, there's some things that I do like about it. It's not all bad, and it's much better than Season 3, but there's just too many problems with it for me to revisit. I'm glad that you enjoy it though!

Best to worst: Season 4, Season 1, Season 2, Season 3

Bringing back Christa would've put this season miles above the others imo. She was just kinda thrown away with the intro of Season 2 with her fate never resolved. I believe that it was stated that it was between Christa and Lily to be the antagonist of Season 4, and whilst I feel that they absolutely made the right choice in that regard, Christa could have still played a role. With it being "The Final Season" it would have been nice to see Clem reunite with one of the only characters who acted as a mentor to her from the beginning, instead of leaving her status as being unknown canonically. Maybe a three episode Christa arc one day?

As for Season 2... maybe you've convinced me to change my order a little bit (thank you for the reddit thread btw). While I think that it served well for Clem's development heading into Season 3 (I site this as being where she truly starts to toughen up), there were definitely a lot of missed opportunities. The thing that was most upsetting to me though was the lack of use of the cast of the 400 Days spinoff that came after Season 1. This new ensemble of characters was hyped up to us through their backstories and we were told that they'd appear in Season 2 and... well, that's really all they did... appear. None of the characters really had much of an impact on the story or player experience at all. Maybe choices didn't matter, but that's a running theme with the studio which (at this point) felt easy to overlook as the studio hadn't quite started churning out their point and click movie experiences yet (it was easier to become frustrated with choices not mattering when there were more games suffering from the same fate). They also backed themselves into a corer with the multiple endings, with all apart from the Clementine at Wellington one feeling completely unsatisfying, especially after the gut wrenching choice of Kenny or Jane.

I have to ask, are you interested in the new season of The Wolf Among Us?
Original post by Fenneko

Just like the genocide ending of Undertale.
Bringing back Christa would've put this season miles above the others imo. She was just kinda thrown away with the intro of Season 2 with her fate never resolved. I believe that it was stated that it was between Christa and Lily to be the antagonist of Season 4, and whilst I feel that they absolutely made the right choice in that regard, Christa could have still played a role. With it being "The Final Season" it would have been nice to see Clem reunite with one of the only characters who acted as a mentor to her from the beginning, instead of leaving her status as being unknown canonically. Maybe a three episode Christa arc one day?

As for Season 2... maybe you've convinced me to change my order a little bit (thank you for the reddit thread btw). While I think that it served well for Clem's development heading into Season 3 (I site this as being where she truly starts to toughen up), there were definitely a lot of missed opportunities. The thing that was most upsetting to me though was the lack of use of the cast of the 400 Days spinoff that came after Season 1. This new ensemble of characters was hyped up to us through their backstories and we were told that they'd appear in Season 2 and... well, that's really all they did... appear. None of the characters really had much of an impact on the story or player experience at all. Maybe choices didn't matter, but that's a running theme with the studio which (at this point) felt easy to overlook as the studio hadn't quite started churning out their point and click movie experiences yet (it was easier to become frustrated with choices not mattering when there were more games suffering from the same fate). They also backed themselves into a corer with the multiple endings, with all apart from the Clementine at Wellington one feeling completely unsatisfying, especially after the gut wrenching choice of Kenny or Jane.

I have to ask, are you interested in the new season of The Wolf Among Us?

Sorry for the late response!

Yes, Christa's disappearance always bothered me. In fact, Christa and Omid getting killed off at the start of Season 2 was one of my big quandaries with the season. I had also heard that they thought about bringing her back for Season 4 but, to be honest, I'm glad they chose to bring back Lily instead; she was a great villian. But yeah, I guess we'll forever wonder what happened to her.

No problem. By the way, I didn't intend to throw the Reddit thread in here to change your mind about the season, but just to explain the reasons as to why I found it to be a disappointment. Don't get me wrong, I still enjoy it, but in contrast to Season 1 and Season 4, it didn't do anything for me personally. I'm glad you agree about the characters though.

And I've never actually played The Wolf Among Us, so I can't comment. The Walking Dead was the only Telltale game I played.
Original post by DekuMidoriyaOFA
Just like the genocide ending of Undertale.

I've never played Undertale, but I've heard good things about it.
Original post by Fenneko
I've never played Undertale, but I've heard good things about it.

You should try it. It's absolutely amazing. (Well at least in my opinion anyway) : )
In no particular order... (apart from the top 3)

1. Fallout: New Vegas
2. Halo 2
3. Katana Zero
4. Red Dead Redemption 2
5. Shogun 2 Total War
6. Dark Souls 3
7. Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice
8. Fallout 2
9. Star Wars Battlefront 2 (2005)
10. Terraria

(and a few extra which I honestly found hard not to include, Halo CE, Halo 3, Halo Reach, Fallout 1997, Hades, Hollow Knight, Long Dark, Titanfall 2, Minecraft, Pathologic 1&2)
Original post by EthanolC2_H5_OH
In no particular order... (apart from the top 3)

1. Fallout: New Vegas
2. Halo 2
3. Katana Zero
4. Red Dead Redemption 2
5. Shogun 2 Total War
6. Dark Souls 3
7. Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice
8. Fallout 2
9. Star Wars Battlefront 2 (2005)
10. Terraria

(and a few extra which I honestly found hard not to include, Halo CE, Halo 3, Halo Reach, Fallout 1997, Hades, Hollow Knight, Long Dark, Titanfall 2, Minecraft, Pathologic 1&2)

I felt like Terraria should have been closer to #1.
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by JVM2020
As per the title

Your top 10 video games of all time.

Myself so far
1.Doom 2
2.WWE 2k16
3.Portal 2
4.Minecraft
5.Half Life 2
6.Brink
7.Doom Eternal
8.Hogs of War
9.Star Wars: Force Unleashed
10.Smackdown vs Raw 2011.

not in order, but:

1) Marvel's Spider-Man
2) Mario Kart
3) SWBF2
4) Minecraft
5) Ezio Collection (technically 3 games ik)
6) Injustice
7) Batman Arkham
8) Wii Sports
9) Yu-Gi-Oh Master Duel
10) Castle Crashers

I tend to have video game phases so there might be a time in my life when I play one game for a while then switch to another and so forth
Original post by DekuMidoriyaOFA
I felt like Terraria should have been closer to #1.

Dont get me wrong I love terraria, it's a game I love to play with friends and I have many endgame characters, but I feel like the top 3 games are by far my favourite. After the first 3 it's not in a particular order though
1. csgo
2. cs source
3. cs

the list ends

Quick Reply

Latest