55.56%
Not so good (2)
22.22%
Terrible! (0)
0%
Mythical Pingu
Badges: 14
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 2 months ago

OCR GCSE Physics Paper 4 (Higher tier) J249/04 - 23 Jun 2022 [Exam Chat]

Here is the exam discussion for this exam. Talk anything from how to revise for it, specific questions or time management :ahee:

Date/Time: Wednesday 23rd June AM
Length: 1h45

Resources:
Specification
Advanced Information

:goodluck: with revision and exams :work:
Last edited by Mythical Pingu; 2 months ago
Mythical Pingu
Badges: 14
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 days ago
How was the exam?
JKel05
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report 2 days ago
very nice
Reuben C
Badges: 5
Rep:
Report 2 days ago
not too bad, i found it easier than paper 1
prettytree
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 2 days ago
it wasn't bad but I know I missed quite a few marks lol. there were so many questions on improving the experiment and the last page with the graph questions I dint really get
RaggedSlugger22
Badges: 7
Rep:
Report 2 days ago
(Original post by prettytree)
it wasn't bad but I know I missed quite a few marks lol. there were so many questions on improving the experiment and the last page with the graph questions I dint really get
same!!! I was waffling way too hard on those improving the experiment and accuracy questions
Reuben C
Rep:
Report 2 days ago
for the 6 marker i'm not sure i read the question correctly. i talked about it taking longer for a change in momentum and therefore less force but it was talked about a larger distance and something to do with the rear wheels
Reuben C
Rep:
Report 2 days ago
(Original post by prettytree)
yeahh i hate practical related questions
samanthat
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report 2 days ago
the paper was actually nice for once
better than paper 1
what did you guys get for the 5 marker maths question to 2 significant figures
Last edited by samanthat; 2 days ago
Reuben C
Rep:
Report 2 days ago
(Original post by samanthat)
better than paper 2
4.3 MJ i think
RaggedSlugger22
Rep:
Report 2 days ago
better than paper 2
4.3 MJ
samanthat
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report 2 days ago
(Original post by RaggedSlugger22)
4.3 MJ
yep i also got that but my anwsers seemed too good to be true tbh as they were very simple with 4- 5 marks
oh well finally got out last exams over with
Reuben C
Rep:
Report 2 days ago
yep i also got that but my anwsers seemed too good to be true tbh as they were very simple with 4- 5 marks
the marks would probably come from finding the equation, rearranging, identifying point on graph, calculating, and giving to 2 s.f.
RaggedSlugger22
Rep:
Report 2 days ago
yeah
SnowyPanda
Rep:
Report 2 days ago
for the final part of the last question. did you have to work out the gradient for each planet or something. I did something like i dont remember the numbers but I did 1.28/numberx10 power of 11 and 2.something/numberx10 power of 11, and say both of the gradients arent equal so shes correcy
Reuben C
Rep:
Report 2 days ago
(Original post by SnowyPanda)
for the final part of the last question. did you have to work out the gradient for each planet or something. I did something like i dont remember the numbers but I did 1.28/numberx10 power of 11 and 2.something/numberx10 power of 11, and say both of the gradients arent equal so shes correcy
i found out the scale factor of the radius and multipled one of the speeds by the scale factor and it didn't equal the other speed so it couldn't be proportional
SnowyPanda
Rep:
Report 2 days ago
(Original post by Reuben C)
i found out the scale factor of the radius and multipled one of the speeds by the scale factor and it didn't equal the other speed so it couldn't be proportional
I found out that the gradients for both planets werent the same, is that right?
Reuben C
Rep:
Report 2 days ago
(Original post by SnowyPanda)
I found out that the gradients for both planets werent the same, is that right?
i don't completely understand your method but it sounds logical. was the question about the speed of orbit being proportional to the radius of the orbit? i'm worried i misread it now lol
SnowyPanda
Rep:
Report 2 days ago
(Original post by Reuben C)
i don't completely understand your method but it sounds logical. was the question about the speed of orbit being proportional to the radius of the orbit? i'm worried i misread it now lol
yes
SnowyPanda
Rep:
Report 2 days ago
I divided them two for both planets and they didnt equal the same thing.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Year 12s - where are you at with making decisions about university?

I’ve chosen my course and my university (19)
32.2%
I’ve chosen my course and shortlisted some universities (22)
37.29%
I’ve chosen my course, but not any universities (2)
3.39%
I’ve chosen my university, but not my course (3)
5.08%
I’ve shortlisted some universities, but not my course (4)
6.78%
I’m starting to consider my university options (7)
11.86%
I haven’t started thinking about university yet (1)
1.69%
I’m not planning on going to university (1)
1.69%

Watched Threads