The Student Room Group

AQA Certificate Further Mathematics Level Paper 1 2361295 - 8 Jun 2022 [Exam Chat]

Poll

How did this exam go for you?

"

AQA Certificate in Further Mathematics Level 2 Paper 1 2361295 - 8 Jun 2022 [Exam Chat]

Here is the exam discussion for this exam. Talk anything from how to revise for it, specific questions or time management :ahee:

Date/Time: Wednesday 8th June PM
Length: 1h45

Resources:
Specification
Advanced Information

:goodluck: with revision and exams :work:"
:biggrin:
(edited 2 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
does anyone have a rough idea of what the grade boundaries could be this year?
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by lesgo21

i have no idea, but im guessing that they're going to be really low
gcse further maths is so random anyways
Reply 3
Original post by sarahbery

in 2019 it was 70 ish percent for a A* and 82 for a A^ . Hopefully it should be lower than that this year tho :smile:
Original post by shawtay
in 2019 it was 70 ish percent for a A* and 82 for a A^ . Hopefully it should be lower than that this year tho :smile:

it'll most definitely be lower with the after effects of covid
Original post by sarahbery

what resources are you guys using to revise?
Reply 6
Original post by shawtay

is this year the first year it will be 9-1? In which case is 9 equivalent to A^ and 8 equivalent to A*?
I have the CGP questions book, I think that's all I'll do. I have 11 other subjects so further maths is sort of at the bottom of my priority list :tongue:
Reply 8
Original post by thealphabetsays
I have the CGP questions book, I think that's all I'll do. I have 11 other subjects so further maths is sort of at the bottom of my priority list :tongue:

would you say you are naturally good or do you have to put in the shifts to get there?
Original post by lesgo21
would you say you are naturally good or do you have to put in the shifts to get there?

To be honest, maths is my best subject so I don't have to do a lot of work to get there. We haven't done a further maths test but to put things into context my lowest mark on a regular maths test this year was 98% with an average of 99% across year 11, so I would say I'm fairly good at maths lol :tongue:. I tend to grasp new concepts quite quickly as well so it comes fairly naturally.
Original post by thealphabetsays
To be honest, maths is my best subject so I don't have to do a lot of work to get there. We haven't done a further maths test but to put things into context my lowest mark on a regular maths test this year was 98% with an average of 99% across year 11, so I would say I'm fairly good at maths lol :tongue:. I tend to grasp new concepts quite quickly as well so it comes fairly naturally.

it makes sense that further maths is at the bottom of your priority list
Original post by lesgo21
is this year the first year it will be 9-1? In which case is 9 equivalent to A^ and 8 equivalent to A*?

yea it's gonna be 9-5, if you fail to get a 5 ur given a 4 and if u dont meet the minimum for a 4 then you get a U
these can be retaken as well
Original post by paprikacrisps
what resources are you guys using to revise?

i used corbettmaths website to teach myself the course then just bangout past papers
Original post by lesgo21

I think they'll be kinda low ngl, us lot are gonna be the second lot to do this new specification.
Here are 2021 boundaries :
the marks are the same for each paper btw
58 - 9
46 - 8
35 - 7
26 - 6
18 - 5
13 - 4
total for each paper is 80
Original post by imscareddaddy
I think they'll be kinda low ngl, us lot are gonna be the second lot to do this new specification.
Here are 2021 boundaries :
the marks are the same for each paper btw
58 - 9
46 - 8
35 - 7
26 - 6
18 - 5
13 - 4
total for each paper is 80

how do they come up with grade boundaries if there were no exams?
Original post by lesgo21
how do they come up with grade boundaries if there were no exams?

these were for november 2021 papers so ppl actually sat these
Original post by imscareddaddy
these were for november 2021 papers so ppl actually sat these

oh ok, so I suppose that a grade 9 will sit somewhere in the 60s depending on how hard the paper is
Original post by lesgo21
oh ok, so I suppose that a grade 9 will sit somewhere in the 60s depending on how hard the paper is

the nov 2021 papers must have been quite difficult for boundaries to be so low, so I think our papers will be similar but maybe a bit higher due to asis
luckily with the advance information, it is so much easier to revise
Original post by lesgo21

No, the 9-1 started in 2014.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending