The Student Room Group

binge eating question

so i am on a calorie deficit (diet) and stupidly i smoked a joint today which made me crave food so much and i ate literally anything i could get my hands on. i easily ate a little over 2000 calories. now, i feel super guilty and regret it.

however yesterday i only had 700 calories. i don’t usually eat that low but i forgot to eat and wasn’t hungry. so would today’s calorie’s and yesterday’s calories cancel out somehow? idk much about how calories and weight gaining works. but if i ate so little yesterday is it ok if i ate so much today?
Reply 1
Really, it’s not about, I ate this many calories yesterday, this many today, it equals it out. It’s about consistency. But don’t worry honestly, it’s only a day, learn from it and move on
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
so i am on a calorie deficit (diet) and stupidly i smoked a joint today which made me crave food so much and i ate literally anything i could get my hands on. i easily ate a little over 2000 calories. now, i feel super guilty and regret it.

however yesterday i only had 700 calories. i don’t usually eat that low but i forgot to eat and wasn’t hungry. so would today’s calorie’s and yesterday’s calories cancel out somehow? idk much about how calories and weight gaining works. but if i ate so little yesterday is it ok if i ate so much today?

They will not cancel out.. It doesn't matter if you have ate little calories the day before, if you have a slow metabolism you can easily gain like almost 1kg over night. Like yes, you can have days where you eat a little more than usual but if you don't normally eat around 2000 calories then it will not cancel out.
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by Schotel
Really, it’s not about, I ate this many calories yesterday, this many today, it equals it out. It’s about consistency. But don’t worry honestly, it’s only a day, learn from it and move on

I’ve consistently been eating like 1000 calories for weeks now(i’m pretty small), i just binged and ate way too much today😩
Reply 4
Original post by avhae
They definitely will not cancel out.. It doesn't matter if you have ate little calories the day before, if you have a slow metabolism you can easily gain like almost 1kg over night. Like yes, you can have days where you eat a little more than usual but if you don't normally eat around 2000 calories then it will not cancel out.

Original post by avhae
They definitely will not cancel out.. It doesn't matter if you have ate little calories the day before, if you have a slow metabolism you can easily gain like almost 1kg over night. Like yes, you can have days where you eat a little more than usual but if you don't normally eat around 2000 calories then it will not cancel out.

Yeah tbh I probably will.. I bloat so easily and I ate alot of sodium (instant ramen today). My face is gonna be like a puffer fish tommorow ugh.
Reply 5
it depends, how active you are, how tall you are, how much you weigh etc. 2000 is the maintanence for an average woman so you probbaly will not gain. CICO (cals in cals out) determines if you will gain or lose weight, it is as simple as eat less than you burn and you will lose.you probably will gain WEIGHT (not FAT) overnight because of the increase in carbs you ate, these retain water and you may wake up bloated and
Reply 6
Original post by Anonymous
I’ve consistently been eating like 1000 calories for weeks now(i’m pretty small), i just binged and ate way too much today😩

Don’t feel bad :smile: it’s completely normal.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending