The Student Room Group

English Literature - NEA

Hi I am considering of doing my NEA on Obsession and how it can lead to mental instability and madness. I am thinking of Lolita but I am not sure for the other option. I am doing AQA. Does anyone have an idea for the second text I could compare Lolita to?
I have to let my teacher know my decision by Tuesday, so any help would be great thanks!
(edited 2 years ago)
Have you checked out this thread?? https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1331904

I'm assuming your other text needs to be pre-1900s if you're doing AQA. Some of the most frequent choices I've seen around are Wuthering Heights and Moby ****. Frankenstein seems to be quite popular as well. You could also do a Shakespeare play like Hamlet or Othello (Macbeth would also be good if it weren't a GCSE text). Porphyria's Lover by Robert Browning also came to mind but you'd need to do an anthology of his poetry and then focus on specific poems. I don't know if the whole anthology needs to follow the general theme though, and I'm not very familiar with Browning so I don't know if he has more poetry in that vein.
Reply 2
Original post by dippedinfolly
Have you checked out this thread?? https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1331904

I'm assuming your other text needs to be pre-1900s if you're doing AQA. Some of the most frequent choices I've seen around are Wuthering Heights and Moby ****. Frankenstein seems to be quite popular as well. You could also do a Shakespeare play like Hamlet or Othello (Macbeth would also be good if it weren't a GCSE text). Porphyria's Lover by Robert Browning also came to mind but you'd need to do an anthology of his poetry and then focus on specific poems. I don't know if the whole anthology needs to follow the general theme though, and I'm not very familiar with Browning so I don't know if he has more poetry in that vein.

Unfortunately I can't do Wuthering heights or Othello. But I will definitely have a look at Frankenstein and Moby ****. I'll see for Robert Browning, however I am not that keen on poetry as I tend to find it a bit more difficult than novels or plays. Thank you so much!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending