The Student Room Group

igcse maths

How do I prepare for igcse maths? I am aware that we have to do quite a lot of past papers but I forgot half of the formulas and I feel that I need to work on some topics. My textbook is basically useless. Are there any sites that can provide useful information?
Formula Sheets my man, that’s how you cover all the topics. Have a chapter-by-chapter formula sheet ready when you do past papers. Use it when you need it (not every single time though). Solve problems you don’t like doing after you’re done with the problems you’re comfortable with, it really gets the brain warmed up and ready to take on more difficult tasks.
Reply 2
Original post by Ilian07
Formula Sheets my man, that’s how you cover all the topics. Have a chapter-by-chapter formula sheet ready when you do past papers. Use it when you need it (not every single time though). Solve problems you don’t like doing after you’re done with the problems you’re comfortable with, it really gets the brain warmed up and ready to take on more difficult tasks.

Hi, Do you know of a specific site where I can get good formula sheets and possibly, good notes? Because I feel that doing just past papers may not help me that much since I need to work on the basics first.
Original post by why.1234
Hi, Do you know of a specific site where I can get good formula sheets and possibly, good notes? Because I feel that doing just past papers may not help me that much since I need to work on the basics first.

Savemyexams is really the site that'll save your exams, especially for maths. They have specific revision notes for the Higher Tier and Foundation Tier curriculum, topic by topic and also have compiled some topic questions for each topic so you can focus on the one's you may need some more work in. They also have video explanations of sample problems so you get the general idea of how to solve the problem step by step. Go check it out! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest