The Student Room Group

10:30 seems obscenely early to go to bed

Like 1 or 2 is the earliest I'd ever consider going to bed

Scroll to see replies

10:30 seems kind of early, but it depends on when you wake up.
Reply 2
Hey! I agree, 22:30 does seem kind of early, but if you wake up at 6, for example, it's a perfectly fine time. I personally wake up at 7 so I go to bed at like 23:00 or 23:30, because I like to get at least 7 hours of sleep every night, if I can.
Of course everyone has different needs and different sleep schedules and rhythms, so if yours suits you and your lifestyle, good for you! I could never go to bed that late and wake up feeling refreshed enough to do everything I need to do, but if you do...I really envy this ability of yours lol
People go to bed later than they used to probably busy playing games :rolleyes:
Original post by smolpox

You are lucky. Some people’s parents force their children to go to sleep before 9. They think this is reasonable and their children get made fun of for only being able to watch one half of evening matches.

Stay safe.
It depends on usual sleep patterns, employment and whether working antisocial hours is necessary.
Some people get allocated the late afternoon & night shift for 1 week out of every 3, when the shift ends they get changed, buy themselves some food, take public transport to get back home and then go to sleep between 9.30-10.30am.
Original post by smolpox

That's interesting!
It isn't too early for me, though... :rolleyes:
Original post by Driving_Mad
You are lucky. Some people’s parents force their children to go to sleep before 9. They think this is reasonable and their children get made fun of for only being able to watch one half of evening matches.

Stay safe.

How old?
Reply 8
Not when you get up before the crack of dawn every morning.
Yeah I'm with you on that. I go to bed between 4am and 4.30am most days.

I've always been a night owl though. Some people are larks, which seems crazy to me but I guess it takes all kinds of people to make a world.
Original post by PinkMobilePhone
Yeah I'm with you on that. I go to bed between 4am and 4.30am most days.

I've always been a night owl though. Some people are larks, which seems crazy to me but I guess it takes all kinds of people to make a world.

Same here, I'm always most productive at night (when it's quiet) although I'm go to bed a bit earlier than you. It's strange how people always tell night owls 'you need to fix your sleep schedule'. I don't dislike morning though - ideally I'd sleep very late at night and in between 10 am and 3 pm. :smile:
Original post by penguingirl18
Same here, I'm always most productive at night (when it's quiet) although I'm go to bed a bit earlier than you. It's strange how people always tell night owls 'you need to fix your sleep schedule'. I don't dislike morning though - ideally I'd sleep very late at night and in between 10 am and 3 pm. :smile:

I think it's just that we don't fit in with the status quo. Most jobs cater for the 9 to 5, and that kind of schedule just doesn't suit people like us.

P.S. it's 4.24am. I thought you said you go to bed earlier than me? haha! I'm just about to head up myself. Goodnight :biggrin:
Original post by PinkMobilePhone
I think it's just that we don't fit in with the status quo. Most jobs cater for the 9 to 5, and that kind of schedule just doesn't suit people like us.

P.S. it's 4.24am. I thought you said you go to bed earlier than me? haha! I'm just about to head up myself. Goodnight :biggrin:

Agreed. I'm in the US, so it's not too late here yet. TSR is always so quiet when it's late at night for me - I guess that's good for night owl productivity though. Goodnight :smile:
Original post by Driving_Mad

Stay safe.

lmao yeah only able to watch the first half. i used to go to bed and listen on radio 5 live
I am a nightowl usually but hell if I need to wake up at 4/5/6/7 then I am going to bed at 10:30. Doesn't mean I'll sleep at 10:30 but I'll definitely try.
Original post by Foxehh
Not when you get up before the crack of dawn every morning.

Exactly. I get up at 5am every morning, so what the hell am I doing on TSR at 11pm...
I used to get violated by some friends of mine for sleeping 10:30pm. I guess now i try to still stay awake but struggle to sometimes. The sad thing is I am still 18 and my parents still make me do this
I guess I'm still recovering from covid but I'm really tired nowadays so I have to go to bed early
Depends on when you wake up mainly. I go to bed at 11/12pm and I wake up at 6am/7am and I feel tired, that may also be pre existing mental health conditions.

Original post by Il1L
I guess I'm still recovering from covid but I'm really tired nowadays so I have to go to bed early

I hope you recover okay
Original post by Il1L
How old?

I would say 17

Quick Reply

Latest