The Student Room Group

A much transformed attitude to God - 2022

There are few people who are motivated to act out what they heard in a message, but I have just become one of them, as this is posted within 15 minutes after a church cell group ended!

The PIC today talked about passing the torch on, and I will be doing everything he said, which is to thoroughly read and act out in God's word, and I will talk about my experiences in the later posts here. This also includes learning from other people and immersing in them such that they can be passed on to future generations more easily, as my life is fully God-centered and can easily be known from other people.

I have created very favourable conditions for reading God's word. The CBeeBies Say Goodnight song is played on my phone at 11:30pm every night, calling me to sleep at once, which is earlier than most people of my age. I have also set an alarm at 6:30am, with the ringtone being a song I absolutely dislike a lot, so I often wake up at once.
I have also set that my devices will be in airplane mode before 8am every day, such that I have a fully focused 1.5 hours in front of God every day.
Good for you
Reply 2
Read Bible every day.

Use Abide app too.

God conquers all!
This is a interesting topic. I was baptised at nineteen years old eight months. My mom was in another room. It was a fun unique experience.
Reply 4
Yesterday, I found myself a bit further from God. I started writing code for a function from 9am and it took me until after 10pm to finish the function. I always raged when the program crashed, as I kept getting infinite recursion.

But the message today told me that I shouldn’t be like that, and believe that God is always with me. I have one more function to complete and I will ask God to guide me through as I finish the function. I will start at around 2pm, but with God I should finish the function by 6pm, even though this function is more challenging to write. I will have God guiding me through my two programming classes which I am struggling very hard in.

God always asks us to thank Him even he calls for smaller things, such as when I reached a fellow first year student, who had COVID, in a discord gospel chat. He tested negative 3 days later (even though it was his day 1 when I reached him!), so I needed to thank God for showing healing power on the student. I hope that this may become the catalyst for him to believe in God. I need to thank God on other things as well, even though they are the smallest callings.

A victory in God is to take away different thoughts of the devil from myself, turning them to faith in God, which can be exercised every day, not limited to the best Christians. This is what I will do for the rest of the week.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending