The Student Room Group

Is University accomodation first come first serve?

I want to book accomodation for Sheffield and wanted to ask is it all first come first serve or can you wait because I really want to book my preferred accomodation and don't want to lose out on it.
Original post by DeItaReality
I want to book accomodation for Sheffield and wanted to ask is it all first come first serve or can you wait because I really want to book my preferred accommodation and don't want to lose out on it.

I believe so yes - some unis offer guaranteed accommodation for you, provided that you apply before the deadline and make them your firm choice.

Hope you're doing well :smile:
Original post by TriplexA
I believe so yes - some unis offer guaranteed accommodation for you, provided that you apply before the deadline and make them your firm choice.

Hope you're doing well :smile:

Yeah I'm doing well. How about you?
Yeah I'm doing well. How about you?

Great, I'm quite tired due to the clocks changing but otherwise all good :smile:
I want to book accomodation for Sheffield and wanted to ask is it all first come first serve or can you wait because I really want to book my preferred accomodation and don't want to lose out on it.

Hi there!

Yes there is a 'first come first serve' element to booking the student accommodation. Once you have firmed your offer for Sheffield you will then be able to login to a MUSE account where you can provisionally book accommodation. Here you can browse the different accommodation options and view who has already booked into that flat. Its optional for people to make a little bio to say a bit about yourself, it can help with attracting flatmates with similar interests. However, the accommodation is not certain until after results day and people can change accommodation at any time, to change you have to give up any accommodation you have already reserved (so no guarantee you could get the same room back). If you meet your offer on results day the accommodation is then confirmed and you pay the deposit! The uni offers an accommodation guarantee for all applicants too (even through adjustment/clearing).

Hope this helps, feel free to ask anymore questions :smile:!

Alisha
3rd Year
BMedSci Orthoptics
(edited 2 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending