The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
eh no...i dont drive about in a nova with a burberry cap on listening to happy hardcore volume 4238 with a 14yr old girl in the passenger seat
1. How many people will readily admit to being a chav?

2. Is there one comprehensive definition of chav?

3. GET OVER THE WHOLE CHAV THING EVERYONE. Its sooooooo 2004.
Reply 3
Define chav for everyone first.

Is it a dress-code or mentality?
technik
eh no...i dont drive about in a nova with a burberry cap on listening to happy hardcore volume 4238 with a 14yr old girl in the passenger seat

Chav as in that, the dress code, mentality and girlfriend.
Reply 5
saiyamana
Chav as in that, the dress code, mentality and girlfriend.

Are all three required as pre-requisites?

If one just dresses like that - they may just have bad fashion sense.

If one has a 14 year old girlfriend they may be accused of paedophilia if they're much older - but not a chav.

As much as i hate the word now, it's possible to be a chav without wearing burberry and driving a laxxed car.
Reply 6
Chavs are scum that deserve to be locked up.
Reply 7
Sometimes i think i am...when i was mad and had shopping i would buy some really silly dresses just for release my pressure or blah blah...

most occasions, im not :p:
G4ry
Define chav for everyone first.

Is it a dress-code or mentality?

http://www.manicmedic.f2s.com/know%20your%20enemy2.html describes one much better than me!
Reply 9
saiyamana

Is doesn't say anything about the lack of desire to work and just collect their monthly giro.
Reply 10
The only chavs I can think of in TSR are need_money and gossip_girl and visesh.
Reply 12
hahahhah nice poll
and nope im not, and you tell if there a townie if they:

1) Wear more gold than Mr T
2) They change the english language.
E.g normal sentance "Hello friend, how are you today? Might I partake of one of your cigarettes?"
Chav responce "Ar Boh crashus a ****in fag boh innit!"
3) They actualy want to fail there GCSEs to fit in with everyone else
4) They have a game where they can see who can sleep with the most people in the shortest amount of time
5) and finaly the burberry cap and dance music
BhArJ
hahahhah nice poll
and nope im not, and you tell if there a townie if they:

1) Wear more gold than Mr T
2) They change the english language.
E.g normal sentance "Hello friend, how are you today? Might I partake of one of your cigarettes?"
Chav responce "Ar Boh crashus a ****in fag boh innit!"
3) They actualy want to fail there GCSEs to fit in with everyone else
4) They have a game where they can see who can sleep with the most people in the shortest amount of time
5) and finaly the burberry cap and dance music

so true of them all!

You’re just not the full bifta ur ye? Fair enough, you could do dot tae dot on yer coupon that you’ve that many plooks, ‘n’ ye can handle yer buckie ‘n’ yer jellies, but you’d be keechin’ in yer joggies if it came to a proper square go. Think yer a bit of a ticket? I’ll punch a hole in ye son.
Reply 14
saiyamana
so true of them all!

You’re just not the full bifta ur ye? Fair enough, you could do dot tae dot on yer coupon that you’ve that many plooks, ‘n’ ye can handle yer buckie ‘n’ yer jellies, but you’d be keechin’ in yer joggies if it came to a proper square go. Think yer a bit of a ticket? I’ll punch a hole in ye son.

init
Reply 16
Why would a chav come onto an internet academic forum? :confused:
Reply 17
I dont think I'm a chav but I do listen to rap and I do have a pair of white trainers :p:

Sportswear - Trainers. Most Chavs don't actually own a pair of shoes. All they have are white trainers. Like all Chav attire, a prominent, Chav respected brand name is a must! Also the Chavs trainers must be clean (prison white) to make it look like they were purchased / stolen just that very day! Look out for the Reebok Classics! 1 Point.

Music - Chavs listen to only 3 music genres; Rap, R&B and Dance. Rap for the boys, R&B for the girls and Dance for both sexes.

Not good!
G4ry
Is doesn't say anything about the lack of desire to work and just collect their monthly giro.

Wrong! Most proper Chavsters I know are apprentice engineers. That's not to say that ALL apprentice engineers are chavs but... well, maybe it is. One of my mates who was of, *ahem*, insufficient mental capacity to get any academic qualifications, became an apprentice engineer and was promptly converted to chavdom within weeks.
enigmatic
Why would a chav come onto an internet academic forum? :confused:

exactly!!

Latest

Trending

Trending