The Student Room Group
School of Oriental and African Studies
London

SOAS for undergrad

Hi,

I have received an offer from SOAS for Politics & Global Development and I currently have this and the University of Amsterdam for my two choices. For those who attend SOAS, how do you like it? Would you recommend it?
Where are you located? If you’re in the Netherlands I would stay in the Netherlands and do your degree there as the quality of education won’t be better than in the UK
School of Oriental and African Studies
London
Original post by annamaria19
Hi,

I have received an offer from SOAS for Politics & Global Development and I currently have this and the University of Amsterdam for my two choices. For those who attend SOAS, how do you like it? Would you recommend it?

Hi annamaria19,

We've reached out to a couple of students for some more info on each part of your course:

"For me, studying Politics at SOAS is one of the most interesting, stimulating yet challenging experiences I have ever had. The wide range of modules focuses on diverse regions of the world and different issues while deploying a critical perspective that requires students to tackle provocative questions on tenuous topics. As an undergraduate finalist, I can say that it has allowed me to evolve not only as a student but as a person, providing me with the means to dive into my deeper thoughts and acquire a well-rounded vision of the world. I couldn't recommend it enough!" - Benedetta, BA Politics and International Relations

"BA Global Development is quite interdisciplinary in nature - the programme gives you maximum flexibility and choice throughout the whole duration of your degree. Because of this, I have been able to tailor my degree to my particular academic and professional aspirations. But perhaps most importantly, I have benefitted immensely from the Development Studies staff's unrivalled practical knowledge across the discipline, as well as the connections they have from different development (and related) organisations. There's also a big giving back culture at SOAS; you'll find that the DS alumni are incredibly generous with their time and guidance - sometimes it's just a matter of being proactive and reaching out to them on LinkedIn or SOAS Careers' e-mentoring platform, SOAS connect." - Sinem, BA Global Development

Hope that helps!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending