The Student Room Group

Anyone going to Canada for university?

Scroll to see replies

Pillar of Autumn
Pretty much decided: applying for bachelor of arts faculties at McGill and UBC! What do you reckon my chances are, with 35/36 predicted for the IB?

Well...I think that you'll have a great chance getting into McGill University. As for UBC, it isn't much of a reputable university in the arts stream, but then, I may be wrong.

Since I know how the IB system works, I guess you would definitely get in with your predicted marks...but you must keep them up! :biggrin:
Reply 41
dafunkyguy
You won't be able to find out the required specific grades on the website. To be honest...it really depends on which course you're taking and the competition among you and your other fellow international competitors.

So...which course are you applying for? :p:

arts & social sciences, economics. :redface:

I dont need math right?
Valour
arts & social sciences, economics. :redface:

I dont need math right?

However...for economics...you'll need math...that's for sure. :biggrin:

As for arts and social sciences...not so much. Focus more on your language courses, social science and humanities courses, and other arts courses. However...it's best to have a basic foundation of math...just in case.
Reply 43
Err so McGill's economics need maths? You mean its a Bsc??? :
I know you can do Math and Econ at the Faculty of Arts at UBC... can you do this in McGill as well?
Valour
Err so McGill's economics need maths? You mean its a Bsc??? :

Well...it is an arts program...but you need mathematics for it.
Carleton University:yep: I mean its not UoT but its not Brock either.:p:
pepsiANDchocolate
Carleton University:yep: I mean its not UoT but its not Brock either.:p:

You got a point. :p:
Reply 48
how about yourself funky where do you study? You've been helpful in this thread!
Reply 49
dafunkyguy
You got a point. :p:

Brock's business program is a lot better than Carleton's, so it's hard to judge.
UGeNe
Brock's business program is a lot better than Carleton's, so it's hard to judge.

Well...I still think University of Western Ontario's business school is better than those two business schools combined. York University's Schulich business program isn't bad either...but I think it's on par with Richard Ivey Business School. As for University of Toronto, there's no doubt that their business program is good.

I also heard that Ryerson University's Ted Rogers School of Management isn't bad either. :biggrin:
UGeNe

Each University has its strong points, I guess:s-smilie: I've heard that Carleton is good for politics.
Inquilaab
how about yourself funky where do you study? You've been helpful in this thread!

Well...right now...I'm still in high school...so I've been researching a lot on universities. :smile:
pepsiANDchocolate
Each University has its strong points, I guess:s-smilie: I've heard that Carleton is good for politics.

Ah...that's what I've heard as well...but I wouldn't know if I would go to University of Ottawa or Carleton University for politics. Both seem pretty close in ranking...in my opinion. :smile:
Reply 54
dafunkyguy
Ah...I see. I know that it isn't a good neighbourhood...but York University isn't a bad place.

I know that there have been a lot of rape and assult incidents in these past few months...but you can always live away from the vicinity.

York university staff have been on strike for ~ 3 weeks now...
arod
York university staff have been on strike for ~ 3 weeks now...

I know...but I hope the situation would become better.

It must be hard for the students. What a waste of money for this stupid strike. :woo:
dafunkyguy
I know...but I hope the situation would become better.

It must be hard for the students. What a waste of money for this stupid strike. :woo:

How sad, Im glad I didnt apply :biggrin:
Reply 57
I did =/
Just got their email acknowledgement; received the physical mail 5 days ago Oo
Inquilaab
I did =/
Just got their email acknowledgement; received the physical mail 5 days ago Oo

Ur lucky, the only mail I received was from Uni of Ottawa, I didnt even get my OUAC amendment form:confused:. The address is correct, I dont know whats wrong:frown:
pepsiANDchocolate
How sad, Im glad I didnt apply :biggrin:

Well...I'm sure that the strike wouldn't last an entire year. :yep:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending