The Student Room Group

Anyone going to Canada for university?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
dafunkyguy
Well...I still think University of Western Ontario's business school is better than those two business schools combined. York University's Schulich business program isn't bad either...but I think it's on par with Richard Ivey Business School. As for University of Toronto, there's no doubt that their business program is good.

I also heard that Ryerson University's Ted Rogers School of Management isn't bad either. :biggrin:

York university (in Canada) has been on strike for ~ 4 weeks now...
Reply 61
I was talking to this Canadian teacher of mine and he said " If you can hold a fork , you can go to York" Oo
arod
York university (in Canada) has been on strike for ~ 4 weeks now...

It's getting a bit ridiculous now...I don't think the university is doing anything to resolve this issue. :mad:
Inquilaab
I was talking to this Canadian teacher of mine and he said " If you can hold a fork , you can go to York" Oo

Well...of course...there's some exceptions to that. :smile:
Reply 64
dafunkyguy
Well...of course...there's some exceptions to that. :smile:

York has its own shopping mall...what does that tell you?
Reply 65
UGeNe

Haha that sounds like something I would find here in Dubai! I'm sure I would feel at home.
UGeNe

That tells me that York University is very convenient. However...the Schulich program is hard to get in. Many applicants do not get into the program, though they applied.
Reply 67
dafunkyguy
That tells me that York University is very convenient. However...the Schulich program is hard to get in. Many applicants do not get into the program, though they applied.

Agreed, the supplementary application form for Schulich is insane; not very different from the Cambridge Overseas Applicant form =/
Inquilaab
Agreed, the supplementary application form for Schulich is insane; not very different from the Cambridge Overseas Applicant form =/

I know many friends that are applying for the Schulich program...I hope they can get in!

I guess many people apply for Richard Ivey as well...but of course...I think both are on par in terms of ranking and reputation. :smile:
Reply 69
I'm just really attracted to McGill for some odd reason..hope i get in! My papers should have reached them by now..
Inquilaab
I'm just really attracted to McGill for some odd reason..hope i get in! My papers should have reached them by now..

To be honest...many international students want to go to McGill University, UBC, or University of Toronto. McMaster University is also a good choice for international students, though many don't recognize it as a reputable university. However, those are the universities that most students flock to.
Reply 71
dafunkyguy
To be honest...many international students want to go to McGill University, UBC, or University of Toronto. McMaster University is also a good choice for international students, though many don't recognize it as a reputable university. However, those are the universities that most students flock to.

Yeah, as far as I'm concerned McGill's International repute is quite good. Middle East and South Asia (areas I will probably end up working in) in particular.

Pepsi and Chocolate where do you live?
Reply 72
Inquilaab
Yeah, as far as I'm concerned McGill's International repute is quite good. Middle East and South Asia (areas I will probably end up working in) in particular.

Montreal does have large Indian and Lebanese communities...

I ate at a $15 Indian all you can eat buffet, I was satisfied.
Inquilaab

I live in the Caribbean:frown:
Inquilaab

To be honest...McGill University probably has worldwide reputation. It is a great university, I must say...and it is located in such a wonderful city.

University of Toronto...on the other hand...is located in a busy city with an amazing nightlife. It has worldwide reputation as well, probably even higher than McGill University. However...I believe that University of Toronto is pretty arrogant and they are too stingy on admission requirements.
Reply 75
dafunkyguy
To be honest...McGill University probably has worldwide reputation. It is a great university, I must say...and it is located in such a wonderful city.

University of Toronto...on the other hand...is located in a busy city with an amazing nightlife. It has worldwide reputation as well, probably even higher than McGill University. However...I believe that University of Toronto is pretty arrogant and they are too stingy on admission requirements.

I dont know how things are locally within Canada, but i have some friend who got into UofT with B/C averages while getting rejected from McGill/York-Schulich etc.

Ofcourse, this might have something to do with the huge Undergrad. intake of UofT.
Inquilaab

my papers reached last week, now my application is complete and ready 4 review:eek: :woo:
Reply 77
pepsiANDchocolate
my papers reached last week, now my application is complete and ready 4 review:eek: :woo:

good luck with that, I have a feeling my file is incomplete because I didnt have any internal school grades to send ( except the predicted grades).

What course are you applying for again?
Inquilaab
good luck with that, I have a feeling my file is incomplete because I didnt have any internal school grades to send ( except the predicted grades).

What course are you applying for again?

Politics with International Relations
Reply 79
pepsiANDchocolate
Politics with International Relations

That sounds interesting, im applying to the management faculty and might minor in internatonal relations if its possible.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending