The Student Room Group

help with organising room

so i have adhd and organising and cleaning my room is a nightmare. i have literally been organising my room for like the past week. there’s a pile of random things on my floor, things i don’t need but also don’t want to throw away, and i just have no idea where to put them. every time i stare at the pile there’s so many random things that i don’t know where to store that i just give up.

where shall i store things like this? i have barely any room for storage but i really need to clean my floor so i can hoover
Original post by Anonymous
so i have adhd and organising and cleaning my room is a nightmare. i have literally been organising my room for like the past week. there’s a pile of random things on my floor, things i don’t need but also don’t want to throw away, and i just have no idea where to put them. every time i stare at the pile there’s so many random things that i don’t know where to store that i just give up.

where shall i store things like this? i have barely any room for storage but i really need to clean my floor so i can hoover

try buying cheap little shelving units? I find that's helpful. I also put things in a corner until I stop caring about them and can bring myself to bin them :smile:
With the doom piles I bought a couple of washing baskets - one for the half clean half wore clothes and the other for doom pile stuff that I can sort out every once in a while :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending