The Student Room Group
On campus at the University of Southampton
University of Southampton
Southampton

Accommodation at Southampton

Does anyone know any good private accomodations for southampton?
Or can anyone tell me if the accommodations they offer are any good?
I won't get a chance to go see the rooms before I apply. Please Help.
Original post by Nerea G

Hi @Nerea G,
I am a current 3rd year at Uni of Southampton.

I lived in the one of the accommodation options the uni offered and it was perfect! I had no complaints! It depends what type of accommodation you are after and they offer a wide range, with shared flats that have shared kitchens and bathrooms, to ensuite rooms which are at the higher price bracket.
It also depends where you want to be in the city, I was at the Glen Eyre complex, which was a 10min walk from Highfield campus, but about 20/25min bus ride into town. If you wanted to be in the city centre you would want to base yourself at Mayflower halls, which are modern ensuite flats right in the city centre, but of course a bus ride away from the main campus.
There are virtual tours online which show you all the options they have to offer and you can contact the accommodation team directly if you have any specific questions.
I have copied in the link that takes you straight to the accommodation page.
https://www.southampton.ac.uk/student-life/accommodation

I hope this helps, please reply in this feed if you have any further questions!
Carina :smile: - University of Southampton Ambassador
(Student Children's Nurse BSc)
On campus at the University of Southampton
University of Southampton
Southampton
If you are looking for other accommodation Green wood court is well worth a look/google, close to Highfield campus and cheaper.
Original post by Nerea G

Hi @Nerea G!

The uni accommodations are pretty good! They're not like gross or rundown or anything like that. I lived in Montefiore in Wessex Lane halls and I thoroughly enjoyed it. I visited friends in Mayflower and the rooms are really nice there, and Glen Eyre which is most popular is good as well.

They have pros and cons, so Glen is a 10 minute walk to campus so it's great if you want to live nearby. Wessex is a 20 minute walk, and Mayflower is a bit far and a bit more expensive, but it is a great location if you want to be close to the city centre. All uni halls offer give you a bus pass included, which is great for getting around.

In terms of private halls, there's Hampton which is about a 20 minute walk and Vita. They're very nice private student accommodations, but they're also pretty expensive so that's something to keep in mind (Hampton is cheaper than Vita though). There's also Orion Point (it used to be called Liberty Point) which is in the city centre, the rooms are nice and decently priced as well.

All in all, most of the accommodations is decent, it's really just price and distance that vary. Some are of course nicer than others (I'd advise going on the uni accommodation website or googling the ones I mentioned and looking at the pictures). The type of room you want also makes the price vary, so a shared bathroom will be cheaper than an ensuite and a studio will be most expensive, so you can compare those prices as well.

If you have any more questions or want to know about any of the other halls in depth, feel free to reply and I'm happy to answer any more questions you have!

Jade :smile:
Official University of Southampton Rep

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending