HMRC income variance exception

Watch this thread
tkkhan
Badges: 1
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
Hi,

Recently wanted to get an income assessment done for my current sfe 2021/22, hence parents sent in their pff2. My dad made an error and so did my mum in their understanding of the form (English is not their first language), I called up sfe and told them this and they told me not to worry about it and that HMRC will have a look at this.

Now on my student finance application for 2021/22 it says processing and tasks incomplete and says 'HMRC income variance exception - not completed for both my. parents. But haven't yet been contacted or told what to upload etc.

I called sfe and spoke to them telling them how my dad is a pensioner and my mum only works 10 hours a week and so our income is a lot lower than 25,000.

I was due to otherwise get an instalment on 24th April 2022, but with this going on it has really stressed me out.

Will SFE sort this out for themselves and do I not need to do anything?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Year 12s - where are you at with making decisions about university?

I’ve chosen my course and my university (19)
32.2%
I’ve chosen my course and shortlisted some universities (22)
37.29%
I’ve chosen my course, but not any universities (2)
3.39%
I’ve chosen my university, but not my course (3)
5.08%
I’ve shortlisted some universities, but not my course (4)
6.78%
I’m starting to consider my university options (7)
11.86%
I haven’t started thinking about university yet (1)
1.69%
I’m not planning on going to university (1)
1.69%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise