They were eye openers
How were yours?
Reply 2
Original post by Akash_07
they would questionable
I got 5 9s 4 8s and 1 5
They were eye openers
How were yours?

omgd they are so good, im not really proud of mine but i got, can i ask u what u got the 9s in ?

3 8s, 5 7s, 1 6 and 1 5
Reply 3
sure,
Business studies - 9
Geography - 9
Biology - 9
Chemistry - 9
Physics - 9
ie combined science 9-9
Maths - 9
Computer science - 8
Religious studies - 8
Spanish - 8
English lang - 8
English lit - 5
Reply 4
Original post by Fleur.
omgd they are so good, im not really proud of mine but i got, can i ask u what u got the 9s in ?

3 8s, 5 7s, 1 6 and 1 5

This was me a few months ago.
Do not lose hope and motivation as I know you will get the grades you deserve
Tip - Passssssst papers are saviours, make sure you understand how to get full marks on them trust me
also videos going over past papers you struggled in help as they explain the answers in a different way
Reply 5
Original post by Akash_07
This was me a few months ago.
Do not lose hope and motivation as I know you will get the grades you deserve
Tip - Passssssst papers are saviours, make sure you understand how to get full marks on them trust me
also videos going over past papers you struggled in help as they explain the answers in a different way

do u recon i do practice questions first or just pat papers coz its a bit late in the yr
Reply 6
Original post by Fleur.
do u recon i do practice questions first or just pat papers coz its a bit late in the yr
I would do a mixture of both if I were you
Original post by Fleur.

3 8s, 5 7s, 1 6 and 1 5

I got nine 9s and one 8 - can I ask you what you got the 5 and 6 in as I could offer some advice (not being patronising)
Reply 8
Original post by room student the
I got nine 9s and one 8 - can I ask you what you got the 5 and 6 in as I could offer some advice (not being patronising)

Ah that darn one 8! Great results! :smile:
Original post by Schotel
Ah that darn one 8! Great results! :smile:

Thank you very much :smile: I was 1 mark under as well - it was my History source paper (we did two sets of mocks and this time we did paper 2).
Thank you very much :smile: I was 1 mark under as well - it was my History source paper (we did two sets of mocks and this time we did paper 2).

You’ll definitely get all 9’s :smile:
Original post by Schotel
You’ll definitely get all 9’s :smile:

I'm not so sure. I think I was a bit lucky in my mocks - I happened to have prepared well for the English lit questions and it was only the paper 2s this time. Thank you for being so complimentary though :smile:
Reply 12
hi i got a 5 for english literature and a 6 in english lang
thanks i really need advice rn
Original post by Fleur.
hi i got a 5 for english literature and a 6 in english lang
thanks i really need advice rn

I think some guy tagged u in a post that was anonymous coz I saw he tagged me asw - in there I put my advice
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 14
I think some guy tagged u in a post that was anonymous coz I saw he tagged me asw - in there I put my advice

oh thanks :smile:
Original post by Fleur.
oh thanks :smile:

What I wrote for english lit was: I am doing Macbeth, Lord of the Flies, Jekyll and Hyde, and Unseen Poetry. For the 3 books I am trying to make (with much procrastination!) essay plans and mind maps for each of the key themes/characters but I tend to forget most of the stuff I write in these plans so I would prioritise at least knowing the quotes by theme. Having a good knowledge of your texts is important so make sure you read them each at least a couple times (or if you are like me and can't concentrate on all the words, listen to the audiobooks - there are some for free on librivox)/read summaries if you are really cramming. I haven't revised for unseen poetry as of yet but it seems that just having a set structure for your answers is the best way to go.
(edited 2 years ago)
You guys did amazing!
I got nine 9s and an 8 in the first set and 8 nines and 2 eights in the second, so am a bit stressed but yeah....
(the annoying thing is that for all the exams i got 8s in i was max 3 marks off the boundary)

Quick Reply

Latest