The Student Room Group

Child nursing 2022 offered different course

Hi i was recently offered health science in the university of Northampton however i had originally applied for child nursing. I was wondering what this meant did they reject my application for child nursing? I really want to study child nursing and so far have been rejected from 2 other unis im waiting to hear back from another as i done my interview honestly its not looking well and i dont know what to do i really want to start in september 2022
Original post by rierareem
Hi i was recently offered health science in the university of Northampton however i had originally applied for child nursing. I was wondering what this meant did they reject my application for child nursing? I really want to study child nursing and so far have been rejected from 2 other unis im waiting to hear back from another as i done my interview honestly its not looking well and i dont know what to do i really want to start in september 2022

Yes you've been rejected for child nursing. If you were successful for child nursing, that's what they would have offered you... but the offer of health science means your application was good enough for Northampton to offer you something but not quite good enough for child nursing.
Reply 2
Original post by Emily_B
Yes you've been rejected for child nursing. If you were successful for child nursing, that's what they would have offered you... but the offer of health science means your application was good enough for Northampton to offer you something but not quite good enough for child nursing.

Thank you for your response do you know anything ab health science?
Thank you for your response do you know anything ab health science?

I know absolutely nothing about health sciences - apart from that you won't become a nurse with that degree. Maybe look at Northampton's website, that will tell you something about the course.
Original post by Emily_B
I know absolutely nothing about health sciences - apart from that you won't become a nurse with that degree. Maybe look at Northampton's website, that will tell you something about the course.

Emily on researching this particular information all I could find related to the health science degree on qualifying and looking for jobs is this :-

A health science degree covers a range of issues and helps you develop the skills to follow a career in health, social care, leisure or education

Job options & Jobs directly related to your degree include:

Community development worker
Education mental health practitioner
Further education teacher
Health improvement practitioner
Health service manager
Medical sales representative
Naturopath
Jobs where your degree would be useful include:

Adult nurse
Anatomical pathology technologist
Counsellor
Dental hygienist
Dental technician
Dental therapist
Occupational therapist
Personal trainer
Physician associate
Prosthetist/orthotist
Special educational needs coordinator (SENCO)
Social worker
Youth worker

Quick Reply

Latest