The Student Room Group

Missing my old friend

I miss him because I realised me friends now and friends then. My friends now have been toxic and weird. I have a friend who was one of my best mates, we went to our house together, football games together, I remember just stealing my dad's car with him, it was funny, on matchdays we'd get our tesco meal deals together then went to the game, went back to my house, had booze, we did all that sorts of stuff. We fell out because I did some men stuff to him because I was young and stupid.

I've tried sorting it out because it was a few years ago and he doesn't want to sort it out. We have met but it's not the same. I'm actually so sorry for what I did. Now I'm stuck with some friends who aren't as good, I was supposed to go clubbing with them on the weekend but I don't really like my current friends enough to do that.
Original post by Anonymous
I miss him because I realised me friends now and friends then. My friends now have been toxic and weird. I have a friend who was one of my best mates, we went to our house together, football games together, I remember just stealing my dad's car with him, it was funny, on matchdays we'd get our tesco meal deals together then went to the game, went back to my house, had booze, we did all that sorts of stuff. We fell out because I did some men stuff to him because I was young and stupid.

I've tried sorting it out because it was a few years ago and he doesn't want to sort it out. We have met but it's not the same. I'm actually so sorry for what I did. Now I'm stuck with some friends who aren't as good, I was supposedl to go clubbing with them on the weekend but I don't really like my current friends enough to do that.

Missing someone is an absolute normal thing as it is a part of moving on. Keep your head up and remember you will make more friends even closer
I'm sorry to hear that, both about your old friend and your new friends. I would give it one more try to sort things out with your old friend, apologise for anything you feel you did that was wrong. However if he still doesn't want to rekindle the friendship then it would be best to move on, as a friend trying too hard to hold on can often have the reverse effect of making the other friend want even more distance from them. But it sounds like you have grown and learned a lot from the past so you'll know not to make the same mistakes in future friendships. Wishing you all the best.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending