What advice of your parents are you glad you ignored?

Watch this thread
Avreil
Badges: 12
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
can be anything
black tea
Badges: 19
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 months ago
career advice
parmezanne
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
My parents generally give very very good advice. They have put me in good stead for life.

I'd say a lot of their advice would've lead me down the same path as my parents though had I followed it - sort of the same as .

I think the biggest one is not advice so much, but more the attitude that I have seen. The idea of cutting out anything that's not important or 'efficient'. Sometimes it's okay for not everyone or everything to be perfect, but my parents are quite tough and know their own minds. It's hard to explain :lol:
1secondsofvamps
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
Career advice for me as well.

At this point, I have learnt to not listen to a single "advice" from my mum anymore. Narcissists will "advice" you to do things a certain way, but it's for their benefits, not yours.
CatInTheCorner
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
Going to have to agree with career, I'd be miserable as a programmer!!
chloeinbp
Badges: 7
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
To follow the rules. To stick with the same company that will make me reach higher positions.
londonmyst
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
Everything.
Totally different ambitions, values and lifestyles.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Y13s: How will you be receiving your A-level results?

In person (54)
69.23%
In the post (3)
3.85%
Text (10)
12.82%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (11)
14.1%

Watched Threads