The Student Room Group

MSc Finance & Investment: Aston v. Strathclyde v. Kent

Hi!

I have received conditional acceptances from Aston, Strathclyde & Kent for their MSc. courses in Investment and Finance. While I await the results of my IELTS, I am in currently in the process of trying to make the final decision on which offer to accept for the course starting in September 2022.

In terms of the courses itself, I had shortlisted courses that have an affiliation with the CFA, since that is a definite career pathway that I would want to explore further. In my opinion, the modules at Stratchclyde lack in terms of technology and coding oriented modules like Python / R for Finance which both Kent & Aston offer.

In terms of location, I prefer Aston & Strathclyde over Kent, primarily because they are located in larger cities (Birmingham, Glasgow respectively) and will provide better access to Part Time and eventually Full Time work. Aston may score better considering proximity to London.

In terms of Business School Reputation, my readings suggest that Strathclyde is the most recognised, followed by Aston & then Kent. I am given to believe that Strath and Aston have equally strong connections to companies.

My purpose is to build a career in Investment Management post graduation.

Any tips and points to consider that can help me to take a final decision over the next few weeks.

Thanks in advance!
I've heard many of my friends say that strathclyde is really a great uni for finance courses.
Reply 2
Original post by kanishmc99
I've heard many of my friends say that strathclyde is really a great uni for finance courses.

Thanks kanishmc99. Any more insights you could help me with?
Reply 3
Hey, even i have got offers for msc finance at strathclyde, mba at kent and msc finance at loughborough uni for sep 2022, i am also confused. Kindly guide if you have any insights, i also checked cfa affiliation like you and want to work at london post study

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending