The Student Room Group

AQA A Level Psychology Paper 2 7182/2 - 8 Jun 2022 [Exam Chat]

Scroll to see replies

since comparison of approaches isnt on the advanced info they wont give a 16 marker on comparison right?
Original post by krojilo
since comparison of approaches isnt on the advanced info they wont give a 16 marker on comparison right?

Yea, I'd assume so
Reply 22
Original post by Lilymaye8:)
Yeah what does everyone think the 16 markers will be on???

It’s hard to tell, but the advanced info is pretty refined for this paper compared to the other too. There’s gotta be a 16 marker on biopsychology, I don’t think they’d ask 16 marks on the ways of studying the brain.
Original post by krojilo

the spec says students must make comparisons between topics in psychology, although it may not be on advanced info , it could be a 16 marker
Reply 24
Original post by Cosmic321
the spec says students must make comparisons between topics in psychology, although it may not be on advanced info , it could be a 16 marker

It is not good to scare people like this.
The new specification basically says that you can use non listed material in terms of whether it can aid you in answering the directed question (e.g. using a biological explanation that isn’t listed to criticise in A03)
The gist of this advanced info seems to be that you won’t be directly asked anything that doesn’t appear on a bullet point, and because comparison was removed I’m highly confident we won’t be asked to compare.
they may include some information of an unlisted approach (like we saw multiple attachment and caregiver interaction mentioned in paper 1) but we won’t be directly questioned about an unlisted approach.
Original post by zoeology
My teacher just told us there might still be 1-4 markers on topics not on the advanced information?! I literally haven't revised anything not on the advanced info so I'm panicking

nahhh pretty sure they only gunna bring up stuff on advanced informastion - but im questioning that now!!
ways of studying brain will be a 16 marker
ways of studying brain will be a 16 marker

I highly doubt, it was the 2021 16 marker!
Reply 28
Original post by owkslxsi
I highly doubt, it was the 2021 16 marker!

How do you know? That paper isn’t released on AQA yet?
Original post by Beans
How do you know? That paper isn’t released on AQA yet?

Sat it as a mock exam
Original post by owkslxsi
Sat it as a mock exam

ways of studying the brain could be a multiple choice question, or an 8 marker, i think it's essential in the biopsychology section because it's about real world application. hemispheric lateralisation / brain plasticity could also be a 16 marker
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oi4KomKI4J8&t=3s

predictions for psychology paper 2
ways of studying the brain could be a multiple choice question, or an 8 marker, i think it's essential in the biopsychology section because it's about real world application. hemispheric lateralisation / brain plasticity could also be a 16 marker

ways of studying the brain might be a tiny q because it was the 16 makrer last year and an 8 marker in 2017, so its come uo lots recently. hemispheric lateralisation was the 2019 paper 16 marker so probably wont come up
I think the 16 marker will be on plasticity/ functional recovery
Reply 34
Original post by saskiahdltea
ways of studying the brain might be a tiny q because it was the 16 makrer last year and an 8 marker in 2017, so its come uo lots recently. hemispheric lateralisation was the 2019 paper 16 marker so probably wont come up

I agree that a large question on ways of studying the brain is unlikely to be a 16 marker (maybe 8 maximum), I reckon there’s high chance of a functional recovery/plasticity 16 marker but perhaps with A02 marks.
What are 2 assumptions of the learning theory approach .Is it the behaviourist or SLT approach assumptions?
Reply 37
Original post by anon25x
What are 2 assumptions of the learning theory approach .Is it the behaviourist or SLT approach assumptions?

The two learning approaches are behaviourist and social learning theory yes!
but note: classical conditioning and operant conditioning is listed separately, so they could be 16 markers separately. I didn’t know this till too long ago, but yeah just make sure you’ve got enough evaluation on both conditioning explanations just in case.
Original post by Beans
The two learning approaches are behaviourist and social learning theory yes!
but note: classical conditioning and operant conditioning is listed separately, so they could be 16 markers separately. I didn’t know this till too long ago, but yeah just make sure you’ve got enough evaluation on both conditioning explanations just in case.

I actually hadn't noticed this thank you!
Also does anyone know the difference between the method and procedure of Bandura's study?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending