Dopetingshabz
Badges: 5
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
To what extent are the primary effects of a tectonic hazard more significant than the secondary effects (9 marks)
Hi I did a practice question by myself, could anyone help with the marks?
In some cases, the primary effects of a tectonic hazard can outweigh the secondary effects. An example of this would be a hazard like typhoon Haiyan. The primary effects can be seen as more important because it took 6300 life's and destroyed 40,000 homes, when it comes to natural hazards when human lives are at risk it is always more important than destroyed roads or infrastructure that can be replaced, this makes up most of the secondary impacts of the typhoon which include landslides from flooding which caused blocked roads, although you could also argue blocked roads can delay help and aids, primary effects that include a large amount of deaths and injuries are the most devastating and impactful and therefore more significant because this effect is irreversible
tinyperson
Badges: 18
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 2 months ago
tell me more
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Does school Maths prepare people well enough for the future?

Yes, it gives everyone a good foundation for any future path (24)
33.33%
Somewhat, if your future involves maths/STEM (33)
45.83%
No, it doesn't teach enough practical life skills (14)
19.44%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (1)
1.39%

Watched Threads