This discussion is closed.
riotgrrrl
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by ramroff)
If they were feeling you up they probably weren't chocolate bars!! maybe you confused its long shape for something else in the dark??
I meant they dont fill you up as much as crisps, when I was hungry I would have a yorkie then I changed to crisps cos it filled me up for longer and now I have an apple! lol, I king-sized yorkie used to fill me up quite micely! ?I dont think I could manage half of one - but then again I used to have a supersized macdonalds and still have room for extra chips!
roff
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by historyhoney)
I meant they dont feel you up as much as crisps, when I was hungry I would have a yorkie then I changed to crisps cos it filled me up for longer and now I have an apple! lol, I king-sized yorkie used to fill me up quite micely! ?I dont think I could manage half of one - but then again I used to have a supersized macdonalds and still have room for extra chips!

now you get felt up by crisps too?? jeez, how does that even work, do they rotate around you like frisbees?
PublicSchoolAnn
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
now you get felt up by crisps too?? jeez, how does that even work, do they rotate around you like frisbees?
So you aren't getting any. But just be quiet. Please.
roff
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by PublicSchoolAnn)
So you aren't getting any. But just be quiet. Please.
Yes I am not getting any sense out of this thread and historybabe's postings, are you?
PublicSchoolAnn
Rep:
?
Yes I am not getting any sense out of this thread and historybabe's postings, are you?
yes, i am. Its quite simple really.
roff
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
So I take it you know what she means when she says a crisp felt her up?
riotgrrrl
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Hey, its not my fault I have trouble constructing sentacnes (even worse when I try to speak) and I get a lot of words mixed up, I have been improving it, buy I dont hear the differnece between fill and feel so I get the mixed up okay!!!
roff
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Hey, its not my fault I have trouble constructing sentacnes (even worse when I try to speak) and I get a lot of words mixed up, I have been improving it, buy I dont hear the differnece between fill and feel so I get the mixed up okay!!!
I'm sorry...are you dyslexic?
riotgrrrl
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I'm sorry...are you dyslexic?
Not exactly. There were no tests done at our school to see if you were dyslexic, so I just thought I was always a bad spelling (and speaker) then in year 8 and 9 I spent hours and hours learning spellings and grammer to get it up to speed (luckerly I didn't have a problem with reading as my dad helped me read when I was younger) and then in year 10 my mum out of hte blue said,

I think you were dyslexic and I was like, eh? Whats that. She is a teacher and teaches a lot of dyslexic kids (around half her class every year are) so she said she had found dyslexic tendancies in my work, but I had started to outgrow them with the work I did. Now however they seem to be getting worse as does my speech, I really think I should do something about it. I cover any mistakes by dictionary in my work most of the time but wont notice fill and feel.

Anyway, I have no idea whether or not you were being serious with your comment but I decided to do a serious answer! Oh well at least that has cleared that up :P

Any one got any ideas on what to do? My speech is getting quite bad now - no on ecan understand what I am saying half the time!
riotgrrrl
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
sorry that was kinda a long answer!
roff
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
ok i did not know before.. so how is your speech affected? do you have trouble finding the right words when you speak to people?
Luize
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Any one got any ideas on what to do? My speech is getting quite bad now - no on ecan understand what I am saying half the time!
It could be your accent (not sure where you are from so don't shoot me if I'm wrong)
I remember having lessons as a kid telling people that drawing does not have an L in it. The differences between are and our which are pronouced the same in Bristolian.
riotgrrrl
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Thanks, support is cooler! Speech is the worst, I went to speech theropy when I was younger but it sorted itself out. I dont think it is linked to dyslexica (Ii would know) I odnt notice around my friends but as I have been meeting a lot of new people I notice I dont make sense. I'm often in the middle of a sentance when I just cant remember hte word. E.G. In Enlgish I was talking about the handmaids tale when I said something like, this is why Offred needed to be... then just sat there fore 30 secs till the teacher said - punished!

I stutter a lot, I mix up he and she, and sometimes just say completly the wrong words. The only problem is that I did a lot of work and ended going from a low level 4 at key stage two to an A at GCSE, so most people dont take me seriously. It is soo fustrating

I'm from Berkshire so my accent is generally okay, although I often say things a bit wrong cos my parents are from Scotland!
sparkly_tiara
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I like my yorkies! And the fact that i am "not supposed to eat them because i am female" makes me want to eat them all the more!

Lou
xxx
riotgrrrl
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
sorry I just took over this thread a bit. Thanks for advice in http://www.bda-dyslexia.org.uk/main/...s/a03check.asp I said a total to 13 out of 20 yes for diffiultict and 7 of the top 15 were years, so I guess I should check it out!
riotgrrrl
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by lessthanthree)
I'm just messing around online, atm. From what you're describing, it sounds like this...but that's generally caused by brain damage through strokes or accidents.

it doesn't seem like a speech sound disorder.

gah. I'll keep looking, but you're better off talking to someone in education -who's more in the know. You could even email someone at the dyslexia foundation and say "I might have dyslexia, but I don't know..these are my symptoms..what else could I have?"
haha that does sound hte same *Twilight zone music* but I haven't had an injury to the left side of my brain or my head as a whole (apart from concussion but that wasn't too bad!)
naelse
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
i used to like yorkies... but when i saw the advertising campaign i just went off them. it's no skin off my nose whether i have them or not, so if they want to cut out 50% of their possible consumer base it's up to them.
RieLouise
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by naelse)
i used to like yorkies... but when i saw the advertising campaign i just went off them. it's no skin off my nose whether i have them or not, so if they want to cut out 50% of their possible consumer base it's up to them.
Reverse psychology. I guess their aim was to have women all over the country thinking 'F*** this for a game of soldiers, no ad campaign will tell me what I can and cannot eat' before rushing out to buy a Yorkie in spite of the fact that each bar contains about fifteen million calories )slight exaggeration.

Disappointed. I wandered into this thread thinking it was about Yorkshire Terriers...wanders out.
PublicSchoolAnn
Rep:
?
(Original post by naelse)
Are people actually that bothered about the advert?
naelse
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
well exactly... i think the yorkie ad campaign is alsong the same vein. Nobody would even consider saying 'not for jews' or such like in an ad... but somehow when it's women it's ok.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (141)
17.89%
It's just nice to be back! (213)
27.03%
Not great so far... (282)
35.79%
I want to drop out! (152)
19.29%

Watched Threads