The Student Room Group

M&A Salary expectations

Hi,

I've been doing some digging at what the market salary is for an M&A intern is at a startup, but haven't had much luck. Does anyone know?

Thanks
You're not gonna find that figure because 1. It's a startup. There is no rule on pay. 2. I doubt many startups have M&A teams let alone interns.

I'd take the job expectations and responsibilities and match it to salaries you'd get at similar, known jobs then maybe adjust for size and location.
They said in the interview when I asked about salary expectations that it's "competitive" and similar to other startups or internship places, but not as high as investment banking - and jt becomes "very competitive" as a full-time employee.

Not too sure what to make of that? The firm's in London, with their office in Blackfriars near the GS and Deloitte offices. Had a look on Glassdoor, and apparently they pay 1870-2000EUR per month for their Berlin office inters, but the firm was only launched in 2020.

Does 2000EUR (what's that in pounds, like 1800GBP?) per month seem about right?
Original post by econhelp525
They said in the interview when I asked about salary expectations that it's "competitive" and similar to other startups or internship places, but not as high as investment banking - and jt becomes "very competitive" as a full-time employee.

Not too sure what to make of that? The firm's in London, with their office in Blackfriars near the GS and Deloitte offices. Had a look on Glassdoor, and apparently they pay 1870-2000EUR per month for their Berlin office inters, but the firm was only launched in 2020.

Does 2000EUR (what's that in pounds, like 1800GBP?) per month seem about right?

I was only giving you a framework in which to think, I'm not gonna do the math here.

The more important question is, do you even have a say/any other options? (Rhetorical)
Reply 4
As an intern I wouldn't be worrying too much about salary to be honest.

Quick Reply

Latest