The Student Room Group

BDS in Ireland

Hello
Would anyone know how to apply for Bachelor of Dental Surgery in Ireland, specifically University College Cork
(Like: what documents are required, certificates, etc)
And can you tell me what the application process is

Thank you very much
Reply 1
Original post by SH9001
Hello
Would anyone know how to apply for Bachelor of Dental Surgery in Ireland, specifically University College Cork
(Like: what documents are required, certificates, etc)
And can you tell me what the application process is

Thank you very much

Are you from UK or any EU country or non-eu? Because it’s different for non-EU’s. If non-eu then submit the application at uni’s website. But if eu or from uk you’ll have to make account at CAO and fill the application online and send the attested copies of your GCSEs and A levels certificates by post to CAO office too. Applications for this year entry are closed now but you can prepare for next year.
Reply 2
Original post by Excused
Are you from UK or any EU country or non-eu? Because it’s different for non-EU’s. If non-eu then submit the application at uni’s website. But if eu or from uk you’ll have to make account at CAO and fill the application online and send the attested copies of your GCSEs and A levels certificates by post to CAO office too. Applications for this year entry are closed now but you can prepare for next year.

From the UK (you can say EU, because Ireland regards the UK to be part of the union). Do you study BDS in Ireland. Also, when the degree is complete, can you come back to the UK and work (if so, what's the process?)
By the way, I was told that if you're not a mature student, you won't be applicable for the late application, which ends in May

Thanks
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by SH9001
From the UK (you can say EU, because Ireland regards the UK to be part of the union). Do you study BDS in Ireland. Also, when the degree is complete, can you come back to the UK and work (if so, what's the process?)
By the way, I was told that if you're not a mature student, you won't be applicable for the late application, which ends in May

Thanks

No, I’m not studying there but have applied for medicine. Yes you can come back but you’ll have to give UKMLA and stuff , I’m not sure if requirements are same for dentistry. I guess medicine and bds both can’t be applied in as a late application, late applications have course specifications.
Reply 4
Original post by Excused
No, I’m not studying there but have applied for medicine. Yes you can come back but you’ll have to give UKMLA and stuff , I’m not sure if requirements are same for dentistry. I guess medicine and bds both can’t be applied in as a late application, late applications have course specifications.

Thank you for your reply

What do you mean by there might be course specifications?

So you're studying Medicine in Ireland?
Reply 5
Original post by SH9001
Thank you for your reply
Np:smile:
What do you mean by there might be course specifications?
Some courses are considered for late applications NOT ALL
So you're studying Medicine in Ireland?
not yet but have applied for if I get accepted then I’ll for sure

btw I wish you luck
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 6
Original post by Excused
btw I wish you luck

Thanks for the support

By the way, when you submit your document (grade certificate) by post, what will happen afterwards?
(I've already made a CAO account and posted the certificates)
Also, good luck for your medicine application
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by SH9001
Thanks for the support

By the way, when you submit your document (grade certificate) by post, what will happen afterwards?
(I've already made a CAO account and posted the certificates)
Also, good luck for your medicine application

Thanks. Nothing until they email you to check in your CAO account. They scan your posted documents and upload it in your accounts qualification section. I just got mine this week.
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 8
One more thing, would you know if it's possible for a student to transfer from dentistry to medicine in Ireland
(Just wanted to know)
Thanks
(edited 1 year ago)
No, I’m not sure

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending