The Student Room Group
I was on the ketogenic diet in my teens because I'm epileptic and they use it as a form of treatment. It is disgusting and just made me feel exhausted!! There have been research studies claiming that it helps to burn fat more effectively so people lose weight but I think that is due to it being a low carb diet, so a lot of the weight loss is water. I don't think a lot of people stick to keto, it's very difficult.
(Original post by ZHVelo)I was researching something about nutrition and ended up on reddit keto and that place has millions of people. And generally, too, everywhere you go there will be some person pushing keto. Why? Carbs are an essential part of your body's metabolism, especially if you are physically active it makes no sense to restrict carb intake.

because people so badly want to accept that there is a set way to lose weight etc and that simply eating keto will automatically get them to their goals whereas in reality there is no one size fits all method
Reply 3
Original post by ZHVelo
I was researching something about nutrition and ended up on reddit keto and that place has millions of people. And generally, too, everywhere you go there will be some person pushing keto. Why? Carbs are an essential part of your body's metabolism, especially if you are physically active it makes no sense to restrict carb intake.

There is some evidence that low-carb diets can be beneficial for weight loss and improving metabolic health, but being physically active is also important. If you are physically active, it makes sense to focus on getting quality carbs from whole foods like vegetables, fruits, and whole grains.
Original post by sarahwn
There is some evidence that low-carb diets can be beneficial for weight loss and improving metabolic health, but being physically active is also important. If you are physically active, it makes sense to focus on getting quality carbs from whole foods like vegetables, fruits, and whole grains.

Ye gods - a post on nutrition which is scientifically accurate! What in earth are you doing on TSR? :laugh:
Evidence for keto is thin on the ground in terms of metabolic health.

That said it works for some people as a diet, just a form of calorie restriction. You have to get through the initial week of getting used to ketosis though, which is a lot of nausea. If you ever come out of ketosis cause you eat a big whallop of carbs though, you have to go back through that. So yeah
Most people are falling for keto, but some of the most common include weight loss and improved overall health. Many people are falling for keto because it's easy to follow, it provides quick and tangible results, and there is little need for calorie counting or complicated dietary planning. The most significant benefit of the keto diet is that it allows you to eat foods that your body Craves! This means no more deprivation or cravings you can finally enjoy your favorite foods without feeling guilty or unhealthy. In addition, by restricting carbs and replacing them with healthy fats, you lose weight and improve your overall health by reducing inflammation in the body. Keto has been shown to reduce harmful cholesterol levels and promote good cardiovascular health.

Latest