The Student Room Group

excuse not to do my mock

I really don't want to do my mock which is tomorrow because I am having extreme anxiety and I haven't prepared enough. Can anyone give me a good reason to not sit the mock that my Sixth form would accept. they are not really that strict when it comes to absences usually.
Original post by Anonymous
I really don't want to do my mock which is tomorrow because I am having extreme anxiety and I haven't prepared enough. Can anyone give me a good reason to not sit the mock that my Sixth form would accept. they are not really that strict when it comes to absences usually.

Even if you do think of an excuse and get out of sitting the mock tomorrow, what will you do next time? I’m sure your school will make you sit it as soon as possible. Will you be prepared in a couple of days?
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 2
Yes honestly even 1 more day would be enough for me to feel more prepared. I'm just so anxious right now. I had 2 mocks today and didn't have time to revise. its just been so difficult
hey, i’m sorry to hear that you’re feeling anxious. i used to be exactly the same when i was in sixth form and i’d always be absent for exams. i know it seems hard and there is a possibility that you could fail but i promise you that the situation will be far better if you just go in tomorrow. what’s the worst thing that could happen? you could fail - its a part of life and it’s not a crime! if you don’t go in tomorrow and you’re anything like me, the anxiety will be eating you up until you just get it over and done with. then tomorrow after school you’ll feel a sense of relief and you could plan your afternoon with a nice activity or a nice meal to look forward to when you get home. i know this isn’t what you asked for but this is something i wish somebody had told me! good luck with everything, you can do it!
Original post by Anonymous
Yes honestly even 1 more day would be enough for me to feel more prepared. I'm just so anxious right now. I had 2 mocks today and didn't have time to revise. its just been so difficult

I agree, 2 mocks today followed by 1 tomorrow isn’t ideal.

But I also don’t agree with you taking a day off tomorrow. You must have had notice about these mocks and aware that there would be 2 today and 1 tomorrow. You should’ve been prepared. But it’s too late for that now. I suggest you revise as much as you can, and do your best tomorrow. Remember, it’s only a mock! You still have some time until your real exams. Work hard towards them and these mocks will be nothing but a distant memory.

Good luck for your mock tomorrow. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest