Creamfields South - Travelling to and from

Watch this thread
TheLostHDPenguin
Badges: 13
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
Hiya, so me being stupid enough and i cant comprehend how, i've booked my hotel which was meant to be directly in chelmsford for the wrong date and now I can't get a hotel in chelmsford. THis is resulting me looking into getting a hotel in / around basildon or around there im looking. maybe up north somewhere but im not too sure around witham or braintree. my only concern is travelling to and from there. by this I mean I was looking at getting an uber there with my mate. but when I looked on the uber site I can't seem to get an uber back as it says its unavaliable? My thinking is I wont be the only one in this situation and wondering what other travel arrangements there will be?
lucyclark1000
Badges: 3
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
mine and my friends apartment in chelmsford that we booked for creamfields just cancelled on us! so we’ve also had to book in basildon so now we’re worried about how to get there and back and prices as well so just wondering if you’ve got any further with this??
lucyclark1000
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
mine and my friends apartment we booked just cancelled on us so we’ve had to book a premier inn at basildon! also wondering how to get to and from there! was hoping to share a lift with more people potentially to make it cheaper!
Elizabeth II
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by TheLostHDPenguin)
Hiya, so me being stupid enough and i cant comprehend how, i've booked my hotel which was meant to be directly in chelmsford for the wrong date and now I can't get a hotel in chelmsford. THis is resulting me looking into getting a hotel in / around basildon or around there im looking. maybe up north somewhere but im not too sure around witham or braintree. my only concern is travelling to and from there. by this I mean I was looking at getting an uber there with my mate. but when I looked on the uber site I can't seem to get an uber back as it says its unavaliable? My thinking is I wont be the only one in this situation and wondering what other travel arrangements there will be?
Basildon to Chelmsford and back will be pretty expensive in an Uber, it's at least a 30-45 minute drive. I think you'd be better off going by train. Trains from Basildon or even Thurrock to Chelmsford will be totally rubbish though. What about staying in Romford? If you can get on a direct train from Romford to Chelmsford it takes 20 minutes (really) — from Chelmsford station you could probably get an Uber, I reckon it'd be much cheaper and less of a pain

Name:  Screenshot 2022-05-19 at 23.14.44.png
Views: 21
Size:  165.3 KB
Elizabeth II
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Didn't realise the OP was a month old

lucyclark1000 the above might help you if you're able to change your booking?
Last edited by Elizabeth II; 1 month ago
lucyclark1000
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Elizabeth II)
Basildon to Chelmsford and back will be pretty expensive in an Uber, it's at least a 30-45 minute drive. I think you'd be better off going by train. Trains from Basildon or even Thurrock to Chelmsford will be totally rubbish though. What about staying in Romford? If you can get on a direct train from Romford to Chelmsford it takes 20 minutes (really) — from Chelmsford station you could probably get an Uber, I reckon it'd be much cheaper and less of a pain

oh really when i looked on maps it said it was only a 20/25 min drive which is why we chose basildon! i think it’s non refundable the one we booked as there weren’t many options left 😭 thanks so much for your suggestions though
lucyclark1000
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by lucyclark1000)
oh really when i looked on maps it said it was only a 20/25 min drive which is why we chose basildon! i think it’s non refundable the one we booked as there weren’t many options left 😭 thanks so much for your suggestions though

actually we have 24hrs to cancel the booking! i was just looking at braintree as that has a train to chemlsford too do you think that would be easier than basildon?
Elizabeth II
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
actually we have 24hrs to cancel the booking! i was just looking at braintree as that has a train to chemlsford too do you think that would be easier than basildon?
100000% easier than Basildon for sure!
lucyclark1000
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
100000% easier than Basildon for sure!
amazing we’ve swapped it all over to Braintree now thanks so much for your help!
Elizabeth II
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
amazing we’ve swapped it all over to Braintree now thanks so much for your help!
no worries, have a great time!!
TheLostHDPenguin
Badges: 13
Rep:
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
no worries, have a great time!!
Sorry i've only just got back on here. yh im still going to basildon travel lodge. its going to be a pain but yh theres like 4 of us getting the uber so it will work out cheap to be fair. its going to cost us like 30 quid which is expected.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Year 12s - where are you at with making decisions about university?

I’ve chosen my course and my university (26)
27.96%
I’ve chosen my course and shortlisted some universities (31)
33.33%
I’ve chosen my course, but not any universities (9)
9.68%
I’ve chosen my university, but not my course (3)
3.23%
I’ve shortlisted some universities, but not my course (5)
5.38%
I’m starting to consider my university options (13)
13.98%
I haven’t started thinking about university yet (4)
4.3%
I’m not planning on going to university (2)
2.15%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed