The Student Room Group

Dropping EPQ after firming offers at York and Nottingham

Hi, I have accepted offers to study Computer science at York with the offer AAA and as my insurance choice I have chosen Nottingham with the offer AAB. None of my offers are reliant on getting an EPQ grade, however I have told both Uni's that I am doing it and included a line about it in my personal statement. I am in year 13 and am nearly halfway through my EPQ but I'm really stressed with balancing that and my subjects and I have been advised to drop it by teachers concerned about my mental health. I was wondering if anything about my offers would change or if I have a lower chance of being accepted if I fail to hit the grades I need if I was to drop the EPQ at this stage?
Original post by nyamuri
Hi, I have accepted offers to study Computer science at York with the offer AAA and as my insurance choice I have chosen Nottingham with the offer AAB. None of my offers are reliant on getting an EPQ grade, however I have told both Uni's that I am doing it and included a line about it in my personal statement. I am in year 13 and am nearly halfway through my EPQ but I'm really stressed with balancing that and my subjects and I have been advised to drop it by teachers concerned about my mental health. I was wondering if anything about my offers would change or if I have a lower chance of being accepted if I fail to hit the grades I need if I was to drop the EPQ at this stage?

It wont matter if you drop the EPQ at this stage - and many people do this if their eventual offers do not rely on it.
Your offer vs your acheived grades is all that the Unis will judge you against in August.
Drop the EPQ and give all of your main subjects your full attention - those are the grades that matter.
Reply 2
Original post by McGinger
It wont matter if you drop the EPQ at this stage - and many people do this if their eventual offers do not rely on it.
Your offer vs your acheived grades is all that the Unis will judge you against in August.
Drop the EPQ and give all of your main subjects your full attention - those are the grades that matter.

Thank you so much :smile:
Original post by nyamuri

hey,
i’ve firmed notts for comp sci and did epq in yr 12. i ended up getting an A in it can’t go back now but i’ll use that if i end up going into clearing just in case i don’t get the grades lool

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending