The Student Room Group

OCR A Level Geography Physical systems H481/01 - 27 May 2022 [Exam Chat]

Poll

How was the OCR A-level Geography Paper 1 exam for you?

OCR A Level Geography Physical systems H481/01 - 27 May 2022 [Exam Chat]

Here is the exam discussion for this exam. Talk anything from how to revise for it, specific questions or time management :ahee:

Date/Time: Friday 27th May AM
Length: 1h30

Resources:
Specification
Advanced Information

:goodluck: with revision and exams :work:

Scroll to see replies

Hi is anyone else taking this exam in 2 weeks?
Original post by Rosia290
Hi is anyone else taking this exam in 2 weeks?

I am! How are you finding preparing for it?
Original post by Whoareyou?
I am! How are you finding preparing for it?

The amount of case studies for coasts is stressing me out but other than that it’s going okay. How about you?
I don’t do OCR but hows revision going??
The amount of case studies for coasts is stressing me out but other than that it’s going okay. How about you?

I hate coasts!

i thought there’s only 3 (high energy, low energy and intentional management)- have i missed something?
Original post by hihimed123
i thought there’s only 3 (high energy, low energy and intentional management)- have i missed something?

No your correct.
Reply 8
Any predictions on what questions will be coming?

I know how you feel there's so many case studies to learn! It's alright, honestly wish my school did a different spec though since I find the textbook to be really waffley.

Hopefully we all do well though
Loool hate coasts, but ELSS is a walk in the parkkkkk it's wonderful.
Original post by Whoareyou?
I know how you feel there's so many case studies to learn! It's alright, honestly wish my school did a different spec though since I find the textbook to be really waffley.

Hopefully we all do well though

Right! The ocr textbook is the worst.
Right! The ocr textbook is the worst.

Completely agreed, what makes things worse is that our case studies aren't widely researched online especially for coasts, cannot find any additional information about those case studies. I've literally ended up using my own nowadays lol
Original post by hss_2004
Completely agreed, what makes things worse is that our case studies aren't widely researched online especially for coasts, cannot find any additional information about those case studies. I've literally ended up using my own nowadays lol

100%, especially coasts (I couldn’t find virtually anything additional for the low energy Nile delta case study online) which makes it 10x harder to write about. Same I think over half of my case studies are not from the book!
(edited 1 year ago)
100%, especially coasts (I couldn’t find virtually anything additional for the low energy Nile delta case study online) which makes it 10x harder to write about. Same I think over half of my case studies are not from the book!

Literally! I doubt our 16 marker would be on the low-energy coastline as that was the question in 2020 so i guess that's good! But I guess in a sense, we all will struggle with the question then lol :frown:
Literally! I doubt our 16 marker would be on the low-energy coastline as that was the question in 2020 so i guess that's good! But I guess in a sense, we all will struggle with the question then lol :frown:

Considering it’s OCR the 16 marker probably will be on something not even listed as a case study😭
Considering it’s OCR the 16 marker probably will be on something not even listed as a case study😭

I can't lie the 16 markers for coasts have been quite heavily focused on case studies mainly looking at high energy coastlines
why do you guys think we’ve been asked to learn 3 case studies for one 16 marker? do you think one is for an 8 marker and one is for the 12 marker in paper 3?
I can't lie the 16 markers for coasts have been quite heavily focused on case studies mainly looking at high energy coastlines

I know I just really hope it’s coastal management and not high/low energy this year
I know I just really hope it’s coastal management and not high/low energy this year

I really think it will be, just looking at the advanced notice it would be pointless to put coastal management on a 3-8 marker. It probably will be a coastal management question but having to apply it to low or high energy coastline but i guess it can apply to both well

Quick Reply

Latest