The Student Room Group
The Rose Bowl, Leeds Beckett University
Leeds Beckett University
Leeds

about

i got COL from leeds and one another university.
but im totally confused about which university to choose?
guys! can you please help me out asap!
What is "COL"?

When you say "leeds" I assume you mean Leeds Beckett University, given where you posted this? (Normally the short-form "Leeds" is used to refer to the University of Leeds, which is obviously a different university.)

What is the "one other university" you mention? What course are you looking to do?

What aspects of the course or university are important to you? League tables and rankings? Student satisfaction? Nightlife? Graduate prospects? Distance from home? Something else?
The Rose Bowl, Leeds Beckett University
Leeds Beckett University
Leeds
Reply 2
COL= conditional offer later
yes its leeds beckett
im looking for mba
student satisfacion is most important for me
Original post by Anonymous
COL= conditional offer later
yes its leeds beckett
im looking for mba
student satisfacion is most important for me

And which is the "one another university" with which you're comparing Leeds Beckett?

(BTW, if it were an undergraduate degree you were looking at student satisfaction ratings for, I'd point you straight at the National Student Survey, but I'm not sure that there's an equivalent for MBAs, or similar.)
Reply 4
Original post by DataVenia
And which is the "one another university" with which you're comparing Leeds Beckett?

(BTW, if it were an undergraduate degree you were looking at student satisfaction ratings for, I'd point you straight at the National Student Survey, but I'm not sure that there's an equivalent for MBAs, or similar.)

another university is aberystwyth university
OK. So, the National Student Survey (which targets students in the final year of their undergraduate degree) provides a measure of the percentage of respondents who said that they "definitely" or "mostly" agreed with the statement that, "Overall, I am satisfied with the quality of the course".

For the 2020 survey, that figure was 90% for students registered at Aberystwyth and 85% for students registered at Leeds Beckett.

If we check the 2021 survey, the proportion of satisfied students as each university drops. For Aberystwyth, it drops by 7% to 83%, and for Leeds Beckett it drops by 11% to to 74%.

Although no-one can be sure why the figures dropped, it seems reasonable to assume that both institutions response to the pandemic may have impacted the student satisfaction scores.

See https://www.officeforstudents.org.uk/advice-and-guidance/student-information-and-data/national-student-survey-nss/nss-data-provider-level/ for all the statistics. I looked at the "2021 NSS summary data" data.

Note that the above figures are for the universities as a whole - not specifically for their MBA course. Also note that it was undergraduate students who were surveyed. So this data doesn't exactly fit what you were looking for. However, it tends to suggest that - from a student satisfaction perspective - Aberystwyth might be a slightly better choice.

Another approach (although also flawed) is to look at the student satisfaction for undergraduate courses which are similar to the MBA. According to https://discoveruni.gov.uk/course-details/10007856/BSC_N122/Full-time/ BSc (Hons) Business & Management at Aberystwyth gets a 75% student satisfaction rating, whilst according to https://discoveruni.gov.uk/course-details/10003861/BHBMT_A264/Full-time/ BA (Hons) Business and Management at Leeds Beckett University gets a 77% student satisfaction rating.

This data suggests that it's essentially a dead-heat. So, I guess you'll need to find some other criteria to help you choose between the two!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending