University of Edinburgh Accomodation

Watch this thread
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
I've just received my offer from Edinburgh and have just started looking at accommodation. Does anyone have any recommendations?
AzureCeleste
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 months ago
Going to assume you are looking at uni accomodation
I guess it all depends on what you want:
- catered or self-catered
- ensuite or shared facilities
- number of flatmates (some accomodations have up to 10 people, others 4 or 5)

I'd have a look on the uni website and think about some of the things you want. This will vary from person to person. For example, I knew I wanted self-catered, to be close to the George Square and that I wanted en-suite. From that I looked at the accommodation and selected my choices based on it
livsample04
Badges: 3
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 months ago
Hey! I’ve booked mine and I put Salisbury, Brae House (twice) Kincaids and Nicolson south street - I wanted self catered xx
Anonymous #2
Report 3 months ago
Hi, I have recently accepted Edinburgh as my firm choice. It said to wait 72 hours to be allowed access to the accommodation applications. It's been a week and I haven't heard anything yet. How long did you guys wait before being able to apply? and was their anything you had to do first? TIA
00Pound
Badges: 5
Rep:
Report 2 months ago
Anyone got any thoughts as to the best accomodation for vet students at Edinburgh, in terms of:
1. location and ease of access to Easter Bush?
2. being around other vet students - where do most go?
3. catering for coeliac disease, ie plenty of gluten-free options on the catered menu?

The two sites that were mentioned on a vet talk were Pollock site and Morningside.

Thanks for any info..
basictink
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report 2 months ago
is anyone else having issues with the accommodation site? keeps crashing on me
Anonymous #3
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by basictink)
is anyone else having issues with the accommodation site? keeps crashing on me
Where do you go to make your accommodation choices? I’ve found a link but it doesn’t seem to work!
Anonymous #3
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by livsample04)
Hey! I’ve booked mine and I put Salisbury, Brae House (twice) Kincaids and Nicolson south street - I wanted self catered xx
How did you book your accommodation? I have accepted my offer but can’t figure out where to go to book!
sarabrxwn
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
I’m looking for the same exact criteria you mentioned- would you mind sharing what your choices were and where you ended up?
sarabrxwn
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by AzureCeleste)
Going to assume you are looking at uni accomodation
I guess it all depends on what you want:
- catered or self-catered
- ensuite or shared facilities
- number of flatmates (some accomodations have up to 10 people, others 4 or 5)

I'd have a look on the uni website and think about some of the things you want. This will vary from person to person. For example, I knew I wanted self-catered, to be close to the George Square and that I wanted en-suite. From that I looked at the accommodation and selected my choices based on it
Hi, I’m looking for somewhere with the same exact criteria as you. Would you mind sharing what your choices were and where you ended up?
AzureCeleste
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by sarabrxwn)
Hi, I’m looking for somewhere with the same exact criteria as you. Would you mind sharing what your choices were and where you ended up?
It's been a few years but I'll try remember
I got Salisbury Court which was my top choice
I think South Clerk Street, Sciennes, Fraser Court and maybe Kincaids? (I needed to look at the list to see the names of places but they all ring a bell)
Not all of those met my individual criteria, but looking at the rooms and various factors about them led to me putting them down
It's quite an individual thing- have a look on the website and click through all the places- it's worth spending the time
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

What is missing from the school curriculum?

Basic life skills (eg. cooking) (17)
27.42%
Financial skills (eg. taxes, budgeting) (31)
50%
First aid skills (3)
4.84%
Personal safety skills (1)
1.61%
Sign language (8)
12.9%
Expanded sexual health/relationships (1)
1.61%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (1)
1.61%

Watched Threads