The Student Room Group

AQA A Level Biology Paper 1 7402/1 - 9 Jun 2022 [Exam Chat]

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Rara345
That's scaryyyy. You feeling better for bio or english?

Bio probably, I was quite nervous for english as the advanced info was really vague so literally any topics can come up and I need to be able to write essays for them at least for bio they gave us a focus list per se
Original post by Rara345
How are you feeling for philosophy + do you do RS or philosophy + which exam board?
The monday coming?

i do pure aqa philosophy and well i’m definitely nervous there’s just so much content 😭 i still need to do a lot of practice questions. i have an english exam the first monday back (3 days before the philosophy/biology exam)
Original post by SolsticeSerpent
i do pure aqa philosophy and well i’m definitely nervous there’s just so much content 😭 i still need to do a lot of practice questions. i have an english exam the first monday back (3 days before the philosophy/biology exam)

Was advanced info useful for it? That sounds like a horrendous week :frown:
Original post by Rara345
Was advanced info useful for it? That sounds like a horrendous week :frown:

for philosophy the adv info was good in the sense that we really don’t have to study anything that isn’t on it at all (unless bringing it in for an essay) but on the hand i feel like they barely took anything off so that’s been sh*t 😭. english is decent. we’ve been told the genres (e.g. paper 1 section a is interviews) but not not what type so that’s crappy.

philosophy and biology in the same day is going to killlll (3hr paper and a 2hr paper) i’m dreading that thursday 😭
Original post by SolsticeSerpent
for philosophy the adv info was good in the sense that we really don’t have to study anything that isn’t on it at all (unless bringing it in for an essay) but on the hand i feel like they barely took anything off so that’s been sh*t 😭. english is decent. we’ve been told the genres (e.g. paper 1 section a is interviews) but not not what type so that’s crappy.

philosophy and biology in the same day is going to killlll (3hr paper and a 2hr paper) i’m dreading that thursday 😭

Ah that's good and ik waht you mean, for my philsoohpy paper i can bring in other topics nto on advanced info synoptically but there cant be direct questions abt them (we have 4 questions and 4 topics on advanced info, so impossible lmao)

Ik sameee its gonna be so grim. I wish it was the other way round as well bc my hand is gonna be killing me for bio. Luckily my philosophy papers only 2 hours, not three, you rlly got lucked out for this week :
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by Lucy.may2
Is mitosis going to be tested in paper 1?

it's not on the advance info, but I think it will be. It is it's own topic in the book, but knowledge of it also comes up frequently in questions about microscopes, especially mitotic index, (which is in the info), and I wouldnt be surprised if there was a mark or 2 in something diversity related even though it's not on the advance info there.
I think they will throw us off they don’t want us to be able to predict questions.
going off of what happened in the physics aqa paper - they had a 6 marker completely unrelated to the advanced information so i reckon most questions will follow the advanced info with a couple of synoptic questions and then i think question 10 and one other small question won't follow the advanced information - i'm thinking maybe water/immune system, something like that
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by Madsfr
going off of what happened in the physics aqa paper - they had a 6 marker completely unrelated to the advanced information so i reckon most question will follow the advanced info with a couple of synoptic questions and then i think question 10 and one other small question won't follow the advanced information - i'm thinking maybe water/immune system, something like that

I really hope its an immunity one cos thats the only stuff i've really revised out of the advanced info
Original post by newgoose
I really hope its an immunity one cos thats the only stuff i've really revised out of the advanced info

aha i'll be honest i'm the complete opposite - i would prefer anything to immunity
Original post by Madsfr
aha i'll be honest i'm the complete opposite - i would prefer anything to immunity

Same, stuff like the ELISA test has just left my head
Going off the advanced information for paper 1, could we assume that the 15 mark extended response question at the end of paper 1 is related to transport across cell membranes?? In terms of the 15 mark question, I mean the question that's usually broken down into 3 parts with the first part being 6 marks, the 2nd part being 5 marks, and the third part being 4 marks.
it definitely could be!! the good news is that aqa has seemingly stuck to the advanced information as apparently 80% roughly of the physics paper was all advanced information. I'm just planning for any curveballs they could throw at us as they did with physics giving them a 6 marker on unspecified information
Original post by twahaa
Going off the advanced information for paper 1, could we assume that the 15 mark extended response question at the end of paper 1 is related to transport across cell membranes?? In terms of the 15 mark question, I mean the question that's usually broken down into 3 parts with the first part being 6 marks, the 2nd part being 5 marks, and the third part being 4 marks.

That's what I'm thinking. For sure either transport, cell structure or genetic diversity, but I think transport is the most likely.
Original post by othello03
That's what I'm thinking. For sure either transport, cell structure or genetic diversity, but I think transport is the most likely.

Original post by twahaa

Please don't make these sort of assumptions - it's the way to come a cropper in the examination.
Original post by Reality Check
it's the way to come a cropper in the examination.

what does that mean?
Original post by Rara345
what does that mean?

Screen Shot 2022-05-31 at 20.05.05.png
Please don't make these sort of assumptions - it's the way to come a cropper in the examination.

I mean I get you, but this is the sole purpose of the advance info, to focus our revision haha
Screen Shot 2022-05-31 at 20.05.05.png

oh hahaha savage.
Maybe they'll be smug they predicted right :tongue:
Original post by Madsfr
it definitely could be!! the good news is that aqa has seemingly stuck to the advanced information as apparently 80% roughly of the physics paper was all advanced information. I'm just planning for any curveballs they could throw at us as they did with physics giving them a 6 marker on unspecified information

Yeh so far aqa have stuck to it, even with psychology there was literally only one multiple choice question with info not on advanced list, but was very easy anyway

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending