The Student Room Group

Ramadan is coming, where's your vimto? A Ramadan Blog :)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by BurstingBubbles
PRSOM :smile:

hehe :biggrin:
Original post by Cherrygrape1234
This update is so pretty and Good luck inshAllah you will be able to complete the quran. Ill send you something I saw on how to finish the Quran in 30 days :hugs:

Also, my friend follows morroco and she said morocco spotted the moon yesterday too so she is fasting today? 🤔

tysm cherry! :hugs:

Ah, I have family in Morocco and my mum rang them and they said it's Sunday start for them. The Moon was spotted in Saudi but I think it might have been spotted in Morocco idk but a lot of the morocco scholars were saying its Sunday :colondollar:

Oooh thank you so much for this! :hugs: :heart:

U know I love to make everything aesthetic :colondollar:
Inshallah! :hugs:
Tysm! :biggrin:
following :hugs:
Reply 42
Original post by AestheticStudying
☁️𝙋𝙧𝙚-𝙍𝙖𝙢𝙖𝙙𝙖𝙣 𝙐𝙥𝙙𝙖𝙩𝙚:☁️
aesthetic-anime-wallpaper-laptop-2627x1447-download-hd-wallpaper--wallpapertip.jpg
Good Morning everyone! I know some of you might be confused with today's title as I know some of you have started Fasting. My family follow Morocco and Morocco has announced that Ramadan will start on the 3rd of April instead of the 2nd. Even though for me, it's going to start tomorrow, I thought I would do a little pre-Ramadan update just to talk about how everything is and some things I need to do today.

☁️𝙌𝙪𝙧𝙖𝙣 𝙦𝙪𝙤𝙩𝙚𝙨 𝙤𝙛 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙙𝙖𝙮:☁️
"...so whenever guidance comes to you from Me, then whoever follows my guidance, then there will neither be any fear on them nor will they grieve" - Surah Baqarah Ayat 38;
○"[Remember] when you asked help of your Lord, and He answered you, Indeed, I will reinforce you with a thousand from the angels, following one another" - Surah Anfal Ayat 9;
○"Those who have believed and whose hearts are assured by the remembrance of Allah. Unquestionably, by the remembrance of Allah hearts are assured. Those who have believed and done righteous deeds - a good state is theirs and a good return" - Surah Ra'd Ayat 28-29;

☁️𝙏𝙝𝙞𝙣𝙜𝙨 𝙩𝙤 𝙙𝙤:☁️
Start reading the Quran again (I'm currently halfway through reading it for the 8th time but I'm going to start from the beginning to try and finish it at the end of Ramadan);
Pray 5x today;
Start my Ramadan journal;
Decorate the living and dining rooms for Ramadan;

Sorry, this was really short - tomorrow when Ramadan starts for me, I will do longer updates :>

☁️𝙏𝙖𝙜𝙨:☁️

Spoiler

PRSOM:biggrin:
Original post by flaurie
following :hugs:

:hugs: x
Original post by Food!!
PRSOM:biggrin:

hehe :hugs:
Reply 44
☁️𝙋𝙧𝙚-𝙍𝙖𝙢𝙖𝙙𝙖𝙣 𝙐𝙥𝙙𝙖𝙩𝙚:☁️
aesthetic-anime-wallpaper-laptop-2627x1447-download-hd-wallpaper--wallpapertip.jpg
Good Morning everyone! I know some of you might be confused with today's title as I know some of you have started Fasting. My family follow Morocco and Morocco has announced that Ramadan will start on the 3rd of April instead of the 2nd. Even though for me, it's going to start tomorrow, I thought I would do a little pre-Ramadan update just to talk about how everything is and some things I need to do today.

"...so whenever guidance comes to you from Me, then whoever follows my guidance, then there will neither be any fear on them nor will they grieve" - Surah Baqarah Ayat 38;
○"[Remember] when you asked help of your Lord, and He answered you, Indeed, I will reinforce you with a thousand from the angels, following one another" - Surah Anfal Ayat 9;
○"Those who have believed and whose hearts are assured by the remembrance of Allah. Unquestionably, by the remembrance of Allah hearts are assured. Those who have believed and done righteous deeds - a good state is theirs and a good return" - Surah Ra'd Ayat 28-29;

Start reading the Quran again (I'm currently halfway through reading it for the 8th time but I'm going to start from the beginning to try and finish it at the end of Ramadan);
Pray 5x today;
Start my Ramadan journal;
Decorate the living and dining rooms for Ramadan;

Sorry, this was really short - tomorrow when Ramadan starts for me, I will do longer updates :>

Spoiler

People following a different country/date for ramadan is a whole argument in of itself it's crazy 😂😂😭
yeahhh that's a good idea. I'm tryna do it 3 times inshallah

It's helpful if you listen to a reciter doing it at the same time so it's a bit easier to follow along ygm

Lmaoo didn't put it past you sooooo Aesthetic :tongue:
I have so many but one of them is this :biggrin:
7D1A9FD2-FB36-4CB6-8405-C9049879F9AF.jpeg
tysm cherry! :hugs:

Ah, I have family in Morocco and my mum rang them and they said it's Sunday start for them. The Moon was spotted in Saudi but I think it might have been spotted in Morocco idk but a lot of the morocco scholars were saying its Sunday :colondollar:

Oooh thank you so much for this! :hugs: :heart:

Ohh that makes sense :jumphug:

and no worries it can be used as a rough guide depending on the size of your quran :biggrin:
IMG_20220402_160201-compressed.jpg.jpeg

Surah Al Sharh, verses 5&6
I LOVE IT :cry2:
PRSOM
Original post by Slx.24
People following a different country/date for ramadan is a whole argument in of itself it's crazy 😂😂😭
yeahhh that's a good idea. I'm tryna do it 3 times inshallah

It's helpful if you listen to a reciter doing it at the same time so it's a bit easier to follow along ygm

Lmaoo didn't put it past you sooooo Aesthetic :tongue:

there was a tiktok which in its comment section there was a whole debate on it and I was like ._.
oooh let me know if u do manage to do it 3x a day! :biggrin:

Ah yeah yeah I get u :yep:
hehe :u:

so sorry for the late reply :colondollar: I am going to do my update now and I'll make sure to add that question Laibs! :biggrin:
Original post by Cherrygrape1234
Ohh that makes sense :jumphug:

and no worries it can be used as a rough guide depending on the size of your quran :biggrin:

hehe :dancing:
Ah right right :biggrin:
☁️𝙍𝙖𝙢𝙖𝙙𝙖𝙣 𝙐𝙥𝙙𝙖𝙩𝙚:☁️
491011-from-this-moment-digital-illustration-1920x1080-art-desktop-wallpaper-art-scenery-wallpap.jpg
Good Morning everyone! It's the first day of Ramadan for me! I had a weird night however, I woke up at 2 am, couldn't sleep and at 4:30, my family woke up to do Sehri and now I've been up since then. I realised since Sehri is going to be near the time I wake up for school I'll have to stay awake and not go back to sleep and so I'm practising that to see how it feels. I think I might go back to sleep after Sehri and get ready at 6 am instead of 5 and skip 1hr of studying just to help make sure I get enough sleep and not fall asleep in lessons but we'll see how that goes lol.

One weird thing about me is that my Sehri meals are so random. Like I'll eat anything, everything or nothing at all. Today I was planning to have 1x glass of water + a date but instead, I had 1x glass of apple and blackcurrant squash + a slice of cake hehe. What can I say? I needed some sugar :>

Today, I'm planning to take it easy since it's the first day of Ramadan but I'm going to revise since I have exams. I think today I might just take some time for myself and appreciate the little things in life :> I might ask some family to come over as well hehe.

"Allah is He who created death and life to test you as to which you is best in deed" - Quran 67:2;
"And Allah would not punish them while they seek forgiveness" - Surah Al-Anfal 8:33;
"And whoever puts his trust in Allah, will be enough for him" - Surah At-Talaq 65:1-3;
Question time! asked me to ask this question - what is your favourite Quran quote?

I've prayed Fajr so now I need to pray the other 4;
journal;
homework + studying for exams; (I have exams next week pray for me (>o<))
finishing my personal to-do list;

Spoiler

Best of luck with the exams :hugs:
Reply 52
there was a tiktok which in its comment section there was a whole debate on it and I was like ._.
oooh let me know if u do manage to do it 3x a day! :biggrin:

Ah yeah yeah I get u :yep:
hehe :u:

so sorry for the late reply :colondollar: I am going to do my update now and I'll make sure to add that question Laibs! :biggrin:

hehe :dancing:
Ah right right :biggrin:

Loool yeah there's no winning in that argument 😭 that's why I don't bother haha
I've kept up so far, but gonna have to get upto date today. I've listened to so much quran prolly like 5 juz but not actually like read it so I ain counting that
I replaced my music with quran so you can see how much I used to listen to music :colonhash:

491011-from-this-moment-digital-illustration-1920x1080-art-desktop-wallpaper-art-scenery-wallpap.jpg
Good Morning everyone! It's the first day of Ramadan for me! I had a weird night however, I woke up at 2 am, couldn't sleep and at 4:30, my family woke up to do Sehri and now I've been up since then. I realised since Sehri is going to be near the time I wake up for school I'll have to stay awake and not go back to sleep and so I'm practising that to see how it feels. I think I might go back to sleep after Sehri and get ready at 6 am instead of 5 and skip 1hr of studying just to help make sure I get enough sleep and not fall asleep in lessons but we'll see how that goes lol.

One weird thing about me is that my Sehri meals are so random. Like I'll eat anything, everything or nothing at all. Today I was planning to have 1x glass of water + a date but instead, I had 1x glass of apple and blackcurrant squash + a slice of cake hehe. What can I say? I needed some sugar :>

Today, I'm planning to take it easy since it's the first day of Ramadan but I'm going to revise since I have exams. I think today I might just take some time for myself and appreciate the little things in life :> I might ask some family to come over as well hehe.

"Allah is He who created death and life to test you as to which you is best in deed" - Quran 67:2;
"And Allah would not punish them while they seek forgiveness" - Surah Al-Anfal 8:33;
"And whoever puts his trust in Allah, will be enough for him" - Surah At-Talaq 65:1-3;
Question time! @Agashii_ asked me to ask this question - what is your favourite Quran quote?

journal;

Spoiler

I usually stay up until like 2 and then get a nap 😭
What time do you get up for school? Cus didn't you tell me you finish school at like 5 or 6 ._.

A glass of water and a date... and instead a glass of squash and cake 🙂🔫 girlll you don't eat anything 😭😭😭😭
Sometimes I would acc have that but most of the time I eat till I'm full 😂

Yeahh I need to do sm revision so I don't fail my exams and my family HAHAHA

Uhh I'll have to find it cus I have loads and I don't remember them tbh :colonhash:
Reply 53

Question time! @Agashii_ asked me to ask this question - what is your favourite Quran quote?

journal;

Spoiler

lmao i went to bed at 3am last night but lucky i didnt need to get up for sehri lol but i thought i would have been woken up but i didnt haha

tbh i just have cheese toast or porridge

yess take it easy and if you need have a nap in the day ok?

good luck with today :smile:
Original post by BurstingBubbles

Best of luck with the exams :hugs:

Awww tysm! :hugs: :heart:
Original post by Slx.24
Loool yeah there's no winning in that argument 😭 that's why I don't bother haha
I've kept up so far, but gonna have to get upto date today. I've listened to so much quran prolly like 5 juz but not actually like read it so I ain counting that
I replaced my music with quran so you can see how much I used to listen to music :colonhash:

I usually stay up until like 2 and then get a nap 😭
What time do you get up for school? Cus didn't you tell me you finish school at like 5 or 6 ._.

A glass of water and a date... and instead a glass of squash and cake 🙂🔫 girlll you don't eat anything 😭😭😭😭
Sometimes I would acc have that but most of the time I eat till I'm full 😂

Yeahh I need to do sm revision so I don't fail my exams and my family HAHAHA

Uhh I'll have to find it cus I have loads and I don't remember them tbh :colonhash:

Sameeeee - the only debate I do bother with is the rooafzah drink debate, some people like it with milk, others water and I, hate it in general :u:
Damnnn I'm still trying to comprehend how I can't listen to music 😭😭😭

bro by the time it's 9pm I'm knackered and I go to bed :colondollar:
I get up between 4:45 and 5:15 and yeah I stay at school till 5:30 Monday-Thursday but 6pm on Fridays :biggrin:
I always feel sick in the mornings - it's always been like this for me. Even though I wake up early in general, I don't eat straight away, I get ready and do revision or watch youtube hehe and eat at like 7. I've always found I can't eat much in the mornings and to make it worse I'm ill and so I'm finding it hard to eat food :<
bro i bet ur making a whole buffet at 4am :tongue:

lmaooo
idiot :tongue:
Original post by Food!!
lmao i went to bed at 3am last night but lucky i didnt need to get up for sehri lol but i thought i would have been woken up but i didnt haha

tbh i just have cheese toast or porridge

yess take it easy and if you need have a nap in the day ok?

good luck with today :smile:

cheese toast? oooh that sounds fancy :eek:
Yeah dw I had like 3 naps yesterday :colondollar: And today at lunch, my friends and I are gonna pray and then I'm gonna sleep :biggrin:
Reply 55

Sameeeee - the only debate I do bother with is the rooafzah drink debate, some people like it with milk, others water and I, hate it in general :u:

I get up between 4:45 and 5:15 and yeah I stay at school till 5:30 Monday-Thursday but 6pm on Fridays :biggrin:
I always feel sick in the mornings - it's always been like this for me. Even though I wake up early in general, I don't eat straight away, I get ready and do revision or watch youtube hehe and eat at like 7. I've always found I can't eat much in the mornings and to make it worse I'm ill and so I'm finding it hard to eat food :<

lmaooo

Yeah dw I had like 3 naps yesterday :colondollar: And today at lunch, my friends and I are gonna pray and then I'm gonna sleep :biggrin:

not really haha its just grated cheese on toast melted
aw thats good :yep: how long is your lunch to be able to do that we only get 30 mins :lol:
Reply 56

lmaooo

Hate what in general 😭😭😭
I drink both, depends what's there lool

Frr

Nahhh I'm more of a night owl haha. And the furthest away from a morning person, you wake me up at 5am I'm gonna hit you with a pillow and drag you back to bed 😭

That's a whole 12 hours dedicated to school without even thinking about hw ☠☠
You're one of a kind zara 🙂🔫

Aww yeah Ify, that's kinda like my friend asw he can't have anything in the morning.
Waiiiittt what time do you start getting ready for school then? Cus if you're eating at 7 why you gonna wake up at 5am 😭
Get well soon habibti 🙁 :hugs:
HAHA literally 😭😭 I ate a lot for suhoor again - as usual :colondollar:

Short update today and not very aesthetic to my liking due to having a fever. I have a fever, a migraine, I feel nauseous, a sore throat and body pains and all day I haven't been craving food, I've been craving a blanket :colondollar:
I went to school and I'm fasting but honestly, it's not the fasting that's making me feel this way. Whenever Ramadan starts this always happens but it's never been this bad. My friends kept telling me not fast since I'm ill but I feel like it is sinning if I don't because I thought you could only not fast if you're 1. on medication; 2. on your period; 3. terminally ill; and 4. nauseous; but apparently not so I might not fast tomorrow or go to school, just depends on how I am :redface:

Also, my friend's sister visited her from Uni and she made brownies and my friend gave me one and said I can eat it when I open my fast :biggrin: She's so nice istg.

This is late so I don't need to do much but here are 2 things I need to do:
Iftar food prep;
revise for the french test tomorrow;
find some medication to get the sore throat and migraine to goooooo;

Very short update today due to feeling unwell. If I am well tomorrow, I will do a proper update, if not, I'll do something like this. Sorry about this, it's not going to a great start! :colondollar:

But yeah sorry about the short update!

Spoiler

(edited 2 years ago)

Short update today and not very aesthetic to my liking due to having a fever. I have a fever, a migraine, I feel nauseous, a sore throat and body pains and all day I haven't been craving food, I've been craving a blanket :colondollar:
I went to school and I'm fasting but honestly, it's not the fasting that's making me feel this way. Whenever Ramadan starts this always happens but it's never been this bad. My friends kept telling me not fast since I'm ill but I feel like it is sinning if I don't because I thought you could only not fast if you're 1. on medication; 2. on your period; 3. terminally ill; and 4. nauseous; but apparently not so I might not fast tomorrow or go to school, just depends on how I am :redface:

Also, my friend's sister visited her from Uni and she made brownies and my friend gave me one and said I can eat it when I open my fast :biggrin: She's so nice istg.

This is late so I don't need to do much but here are 2 things I need to do:
Iftar food prep;
revise for the french test tomorrow;
find some medication to get the sore throat and migraine to goooooo;

Very short update today due to feeling unwell. If I am well tomorrow, I will do a proper update, if not, I'll do something like this. Sorry about this, it's not going to a great start! :colondollar:

But yeah sorry about the short update!

Spoiler

Sorry to hear you're not feeling well :frown:

Hope you get well soon though and bonne chance for the french test tomorrow! :smile:
Original post by Slx.24
Hate what in general 😭😭😭
I drink both, depends what's there lool

Frr

Nahhh I'm more of a night owl haha. And the furthest away from a morning person, you wake me up at 5am I'm gonna hit you with a pillow and drag you back to bed 😭

That's a whole 12 hours dedicated to school without even thinking about hw ☠☠
You're one of a kind zara 🙂🔫

Aww yeah Ify, that's kinda like my friend asw he can't have anything in the morning.
Waiiiittt what time do you start getting ready for school then? Cus if you're eating at 7 why you gonna wake up at 5am 😭
Get well soon habibti 🙁 :hugs:
HAHA literally 😭😭 I ate a lot for suhoor again - as usual :colondollar:

rooafzah idk how u spell it, it's like this pink syrup stuff :colondollar:
oop-

Damnnn and this is why we'll never be permanent links I don't wanna get dragged back to bed :cry2:

I'm crazy that's what - u've just made me realise it's 12 hours :eek:
I get ready as soon as I wake up then I watch Netflix and revise till 7, then eat, then do my hair get my blazer and coat pack by bag all in time for 8am :biggrin:
tyyyy 😭 :hugs:
what'd you have this morning?
I had a bit of cake and a few sips of apple juice :colondollar:
Original post by Food!!
not really haha its just grated cheese on toast melted
aw thats good :yep: how long is your lunch to be able to do that we only get 30 mins :lol:

Still sounds cool to me :yep:
We get around 1hr-1hr & 5 mins - it used to be like 1hr 20 but they changed it :unimpressed:

Quick Reply

Latest