The Student Room Group
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham

Life at University of Birmingham

Hi, i was wondering if anyone has any advice for those potentially going to birmingham uni this year? What accomodations are recommended and what is uni life like there etc?
Reply 1
I’m intrigued too, as I have just firmed my offer for them
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham
Original post by Anonymous
Hi, i was wondering if anyone has any advice for those potentially going to birmingham uni this year? What accomodations are recommended and what is uni life like there etc?

Hi there! Accommodation recommendations will depend on your preferences and budget! If you can tell me what type of stuff you're looking for (en-suite or shared bathroom, catered or self catered, larger or smaller flats) then I would be happy to recommend some options for you :smile:

In terms of Uni life, there is so much to get involved with from societies, to sports, music, nightlife and volunteering. You can make student life whatever you want, the only problem you might have is trying to fit all of your social plans around your studies! Do you have anything you're particularly hoping to get involved with?

- Molly
Reply 3
Original post by University of Birmingham
Hi there! Accommodation recommendations will depend on your preferences and budget! If you can tell me what type of stuff you're looking for (en-suite or shared bathroom, catered or self catered, larger or smaller flats) then I would be happy to recommend some options for you :smile:

In terms of Uni life, there is so much to get involved with from societies, to sports, music, nightlife and volunteering. You can make student life whatever you want, the only problem you might have is trying to fit all of your social plans around your studies! Do you have anything you're particularly hoping to get involved with?

- Molly

Hi, i'm looking for en-suite and self-catered accommodation. I'm generally looking to get involved with maybe political groups and cultural ones! :smile:
Original post by Anonymous
Hi, i'm looking for en-suite and self-catered accommodation. I'm generally looking to get involved with maybe political groups and cultural ones! :smile:

En-Suite and Self Catered accommodation is our most popular type of accommodation, this is available at Selly Oak and The Vale Village and also at partner accommodation. In this case you might want to think about what other factors might influence your decision to narrow down your list.

Our cheapest en-suite accommodation is £165 per week and the most expensive is £182 per week, and there is of course a few which are in between in terms of price.

Each of the accommodation options have their own benefits for example:

Mason and Chamberlain are set in beautiful green parkland at The Vale.

Battery park is close to Selly Oak retail park (with Costa, Nando's, Greggs and Sainsburys) and Selly Oak Train Station

Bournbrook is one of the closest accommodations to the University, just a 10 minute walk.

Have a think about what benefits are important to you and that should help to define your list of choices. :smile:

In terms of societies, you can get involved with as many as you want, the only limitation will be the amount of free time you have! We have everything from Weightlifting to photography, baking and language societies. Have a look at the full list here and make sure to head down to the societies fair during freshers week, everyone is really friendly :smile: - Molly

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending