The Student Room Group
Group Work, University of Portsmouth
University of Portsmouth
Portsmouth

accommodation!

i just accepted my offer for portsmouth and it was an unconditional

everyone i know who has applied for portsmouth has already got back their accommodation offers and most people have received their first choice.

i know its going to take a couple days for the email from student housing to arrive but i am really leaning towards catherine house and i know some people who have made it their first choice ages ago and did not receive it since it is so popular

since im applying so late, is it likely that i will not receive catherine house?

i know i can book this accommodation privately but it is only studio flats i can book. would this be a safer option? even though i would prefer to have an en-suite

thank u so much :biggrin:
Original post by Anonymous

everyone i know who has applied for portsmouth has already got back their accommodation offers and most people have received their first choice.

i know its going to take a couple days for the email from student housing to arrive but i am really leaning towards catherine house and i know some people who have made it their first choice ages ago and did not receive it since it is so popular

since im applying so late, is it likely that i will not receive catherine house?

i know i can book this accommodation privately but it is only studio flats i can book. would this be a safer option? even though i would prefer to have an en-suite

Hi there,

It's true Catherine is a very popular option for accommodation which means its likely you wouldn't get a place if you're applying later on! Would you want to live in a studio - every studio has their own en-suite! However you could always try! You never know someone might drop out of their space etc. Greetham is also a similarly nice option have you thought about applying to be there if you want to share with other students?

All the best finding a place for you :smile:

Jubilee - UoP Rep
Group Work, University of Portsmouth
University of Portsmouth
Portsmouth
Original post by Anonymous

Hello!

Congratulations on your acceptance into the university! I know you were looking forward to living in Catherine, but I actually have an accommodation available at Greetham Street, which is also one of the more popular ones, and in my opinion is better than Catherine after being a student these past 3 years.

I'm looking for someone to replace my tenancy and the price is actually cheaper than if you went with the university as I've got old pricing.

If you are interested, it is a 44 week contract at £155 a week. You'll be living with 8 others and have a beautiful sea-facing view on the 10th floor. Let me know if you're interested!

Good luck with uni!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending