The Student Room Group

Please help! Should I crash highers

I’m doing Nat 5 rn and have to pick highers and I come across a issueThis year (all at Nat 5) im studying Art, history, modern studies, Spanish, maths and english. Next year I’m planning on doing highers for Art,History, modern studies and english but I need one more and Spanish isn’t an option (the timing don’t work out with my other choices) and really don’t thing I could do well in maths. So my options are to crash higher media or rmps and as according to people online media isn’t a useful subject I am leaning toward higher rmps.But is it a bad idea to crash it? I’ve never studied it outside of core so I’m not sure if I’m capable of it. Any suggestions? ( also I don’t want to do a nat5 next year so that’s why my options are limited)Thanks :smile:
Could you not crash any other subjects?
Reply 2
No, the only other option that I could do was human bio which my school wouldn’t let me crash without a nat5 in regular bio (which I didn’t study, and I don’t really enjoy science that much anyway) - btw the reasons my options were so limited was because of the timings for next years timetable with classes and any other options would have needed me to swap another subject
Original post by laura.mcn
I’m doing Nat 5 rn and have to pick highers and I come across a issueThis year (all at Nat 5) im studying Art, history, modern studies, Spanish, maths and english. Next year I’m planning on doing highers for Art,History, modern studies and english but I need one more and Spanish isn’t an option (the timing don’t work out with my other choices) and really don’t thing I could do well in maths. So my options are to crash higher media or rmps and as according to people online media isn’t a useful subject I am leaning toward higher rmps.But is it a bad idea to crash it? I’ve never studied it outside of core so I’m not sure if I’m capable of it. Any suggestions? ( also I don’t want to do a nat5 next year so that’s why my options are limited)Thanks :smile:

Hi,

Was Higher business management an option? It's a relatively straightforward course from what I hear and shouldn't be much of a struggle for you since you are doing mostly essay based subjects. If it's not possible higher RMPS is a great option since it can be a very interesting subject and provides great critical thinking abilities too. Higher geography can be another option too?
Reply 4
Hi! I would 100% highly recommend crashing higher RMPS, I crashed it this year and I can't stress how much of an easy higher it is. You literally need no nat5 knowledge what so ever. Majority people in my class are crashing it only about 2 aren't, and it's so easy.

Quick Reply

Latest