The Student Room Group

AQA A Level Biology Paper 2 7402/2 - 17 Jun 2022 [Exam Chat]

Scroll to see replies

Original post by tansrr
You were meant to write about it in terms of how the drug stops methylation. I wrote increased methylation of tumour suppressor gene leads to uncontrollable cell division. The drug inhibits enzymes that cause methylation so decreased methylation of tumour suppressor gene. RNA polymerase and transcription factors can now bind to gene and translate it, leading to production of tumour suppressor gene to regulate cell cycle and stop uncontrollable mitosis

No that was about qs 10.1 it asked how mutations in the two genes can cause cancer. The one ur talking about is question 10.3 I think
Guys who else talked about oncogenes instead of tumour suppressor genes for last question?
What did everyone get for the symptoms of the Adh question
guys U KNOW THE Q WHERE U NEEDED TO CHANGE THE CONDITIONS TO MEASURE CO2 ,what did u write
Original post by sunshine11111
guys U KNOW THE Q WHERE U NEEDED TO CHANGE THE CONDITIONS TO MEASURE CO2 ,what did u write

Hi I said to remove the koh so it doesn’t absorb the co2 and then I said to use a gas syringe to measure it but to make sure it’s sealed so no oxygen can enter
Original post by Minmin1234

Less concentrated urine, larger volume of urine

dilute light coloured urine
dehydration/thirst
Original post by sunshine11111

I wrote remove the KOH solution and add a gas syringe I guess that lol
Original post by marie207
Less concentrated urine, larger volume of urine

I thoguht urine would be more concentrated if ADH levels rise
Hi I said to remove the koh so it doesn’t absorb the co2 and then I said to use a gas syringe to measure it but to make sure it’s sealed so no oxygen can enter

But it said using the same apparatus so surely you can't use the gas syringe?

Omds I was gonna write sealed but I didnt :frown:
Guys for the last question of the comprehension, I didn't talk about tumour suppression genes nor oncogene... do you think I will lose marks? I talked abt increased methylation which prevents transcription of faulty base sequence
Original post by JenishaAnilkumar
I wrote remove the KOH solution and add a gas syringe I guess that lol

Original post by Person 123

i said introduce anaerboic conditions, no o2, so only co2 measured and causes the coloured liquid to move
Original post by Person 123

Exactly, that's what confused me. So for some reason I put remove KOH, replace with water(?) and record the change in pH? Idk why I said that
Original post by a_random_sapien
No that was about qs 10.1 it asked how mutations in the two genes can cause cancer. The one ur talking about is question 10.3 I think

My bad sorry
What did you guys get for the maths question for the cows ?? Did anyone get 47.6
Original post by Emmahjgjg
What were the degrees of freedom?

4-1 so 3
Original post by JenishaAnilkumar
Omds I was gonna write sealed but I didnt :frown:

dw it said no change to apparatus
Original post by Bayan19
What did you guys get for the maths question for the cows ?? Did anyone get 47.6

I thoguht urine would be more concentrated if ADH levels rise

Ohhh yeah 💀

Quick Reply