The Student Room Group

AQA A Level Chemistry Paper 1 7405/1 - 13 Jun 2022 [Exam Chat]

Poll

How did the AQA A Level Chemistry Paper 1 exam go for you?

Here is the exam discussion for this exam. Talk anything from how to revise for it, specific questions or time management :ahee:

Date/Time: Monday 13th June AM
Length: 2h

Resources:
Specification
Advanced Information

:goodluck: with revision and exams :work:
(edited 1 year ago)

Scroll to see replies

hello any opinions on what could come up and techniques to revise thanks!!!
Original post by Huzoafa.
hello any opinions on what could come up and techniques to revise thanks!!!

Idk about the questions exactly but we do know what is coming up, it's on the advanced info!
Original post by Mythical Pingu

Here is the exam discussion for this exam. Talk anything from how to revise for it, specific questions or time management :ahee:

Date/Time: Monday 13th June AM
Length: 2h

Resources:
Specification
Advanced Information

:goodluck: with revision and exams :work:

how would you draw the structure of phenylalanine when it reacts with propanoyl chloride
idk how to revise for the pAGS mentioned. do we need to memorise the methods?
yes definitley revise the methods - look for old past paper questions on rp 4, 10, 7 and 2 and make sure you know how to improve validity, accuracy, reliability of the methods. identify errors that can happen and how to reduce them and learn all the content that can be asked alongside it. you got this!
Original post by eighthirty
Do you or does anyone know if there is a place to find questions just on required practicals? I know they're in past papers but there isn't many and I wanted more specific ones?
Original post by luana35
yes definitley revise the methods - look for old past paper questions on rp 4, 10, 7 and 2 and make sure you know how to improve validity, accuracy, reliability of the methods. identify errors that can happen and how to reduce them and learn all the content that can be asked alongside it. you got this!
Original post by luana35
my teacher put together questions for each required practical but aside from that i haven't seen any - you can pm me i can send them if you like?

Is it ok if I pm you too?
Can I also please
does anyone have predicted papers for this
Does Amount of substance include stuff like the Time of Flight questions and Ideal gas?
Original post by HannahB04
Does Amount of substance include stuff like the Time of Flight questions and Ideal gas?

I believe it does :smile:
Original post by yippy-yikes
I believe it does :smile:

Thank you :smile:
Does anyone have the predicted papers and wouldn't mind sharing? :biggrin:
Original post by eighthirty

what are pags haha
Required practicals :smile:
Original post by pisces1111
what are pags haha
Which bits of the spec that aren't on the advanced info will you focus on? Did bio today got quite a shock as didn't keep to the tariff system and obvs put other content on luckily id revised it. Just a lot for them not sure where to start with extra topics:smile:
Original post by rosieee_mae1234
Which bits of the spec that aren't on the advanced info will you focus on? Did bio today got quite a shock as didn't keep to the tariff system and obvs put other content on luckily id revised it. Just a lot for them not sure where to start with extra topics:smile:

you do AQA or edexcel bio???
Original post by rosieee_mae1234

honestly i think everything literally links in chem so you might as well revise as much as u can. so like transition metals is advanced but links with aqueous ions. also yk in all the paper 1 past papers it always starts with thermodynamics???? like a born habor cycle so thats deffo worth revising imo. not sure about this year but just incase uno
how do you figure out the intermolecular bonds between PF3

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending