The Student Room Group

AQA A Level Chemistry Paper 2 7405/2 - 20 Jun 2022 [Exam Chat]

Poll

How did the AQA A Level Chemistry Paper 2 exam go for you?

AQA A Level Chemistry Paper 2 7405/2 - 20 Jun 2022 [Exam Chat]

Here is the exam discussion for this exam. Talk anything from how to revise for it, specific questions or time management :ahee:

Date/Time: Monday 20th June AM
Length: 2h

Resources:
Specification
Advanced Information

:goodluck: with revision and exams :work:

Note: As many of you will be aware there have been reports of this paper leaking before the exam took place today. In response to these reports, AQA have issued the following statement:

“We’re very disappointed to hear that some students may have seen our A-level Chemistry paper 2 before the exam. Our exams integrity team is investigating and will take any action necessary, including working with the police.

“We realise students might be concerned, but we’d like to reassure them that there are lots of things we can do to make sure no-one has an unfair advantage - which could include monitoring for any students with suspicious performance on this paper.”
(edited 2 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Hi guys how is everyone feeling for this exam
soooo unprepared, never done a paper 2 before + still learning content
Original post by rosieee_mae1234
Is it worth proper revising all the non -advance info content or will we be fine with just remembering the reactions?
Original post by Moonlight791
Is it worth proper revising all the non -advance info content or will we be fine with just remembering the reactions?

I'd say brush up on your weaker areas in terms of the non-AI - so you're not totally caught out.
For me that would be all the organic analysis(NMR etc) and in terms of AI I'm just very bad when it comes to isomers sometimes and since intro to organic is quite high up there Im guessing there'll be chunky section on them.

Also the fact that half of the organic(alcohols etc) is not even mentioned got me questioning how the paper would even look like.
anyone else seen the tik tok of it being leaked smh
hmm other than non advanced info I would focus on NMR because it often comes up. Also organic analysis and synthesis, IR spectra, chromatography. I am gonna revise all the reactions and mechanisms and equations etc that aren't on advanced info but not theory and hope for the best because atp it's not all going into my brain:redface: Even if all of that doesn't come up it could help with paper 3 mcq
Original post by _notursavior
I'd say brush up on your weaker areas in terms of the non-AI - so you're not totally caught out.
For me that would be all the organic analysis(NMR etc) and in terms of AI I'm just very bad when it comes to isomers sometimes and since intro to organic is quite high up there Im guessing there'll be chunky section on them.

Also the fact that half of the organic(alcohols etc) is not even mentioned got me questioning how the paper would even look like.
hmm other than non advanced info I would focus on NMR because it often comes up. Also organic analysis and synthesis, IR spectra, chromatography. I am gonna revise all the reactions and mechanisms and equations etc that aren't on advanced info but not theory and hope for the best because atp it's not all going into my brain:redface: Even if all of that doesn't come up it could help with paper 3 mcq

yeah same i think nmr will defiantly come up probably linked with alkenes or something bc thats top and how are u going to bulk out that topic ??? but i dont think that many mechanisms that arent on the advanced ifo will come up tbh because itll be 5 marks and not low tariff and not linked to any other topic
(edited 1 year ago)
what's that about? i think it'd been on the news if it was leaked, no?

Original post by Charlie728477282
(edited 1 year ago)

Paper 1 burned me bad cus i only revised advance info things so I crammed literally all organics these last two days
(edited 1 year ago)
if anyone has the 2021 paper and ms pls can u send it to me

mechanisms are usually 5 marks so not low tariff so i think aslong as we know briefly the reactions for non advanced that should be fine. chromatography may come up with amino acids. id focus on not mechs but reagents, name types of reactions and the written stuff for not advanced.
I know I saw it’s all fake scammers tryna make money
Original post by youngemrys
soooo unprepared, never done a paper 2 before + still learning content

same i feel the exact same still doing content

It’s all fake scammers trying to make money
Original post by Alaina1092
if anyone has the 2021 paper and ms pls can u send it to me

I’ve got it dm me on Instagram _ameeraxo18
any chnce you have the physics papers too?
Original post by Xoxo188
I’ve got it dm me on Instagram _ameeraxo18
Reply 18

my friend called them up, apparently its bs
does anyone else know what other things they could link into alkenes that topic seems too small to be the top priority

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending