The Student Room Group

AQA A Level Physics Paper 1 7408/1 - 26 May 2022 [Exam Chat]

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Sorryidontgetit
what did people get for the last electricity question? as in when you slid the contact to the right, even when the resistor was in parallel would it still make the bulb dimmer? because total resistance of the parallel combination increases hence current decreases? idk

When in parallel, when resistance increases, less current flows through the resistor and more flows through the bulb, so the bulb gets brighter
Original post by abdul 580
yh thats what i did because moments= force x perpendicular distance and if you draw a line perpendicular to 0.95

Yeah we’re thinking the same thing but I keep hearing back that it’s not right .. but who knows.. in my opinion it makes sense but idk maybe there’s 2 methods.. I can’t actually remember what the moment was when u calculate it like that so
Reply 582
Original post by TheDarkestShark
From what I've been reading from other people, they have put W+.

Yeah I just remembered it was beta plus decay, and w plus boson
Original post by Happy36900000
Total current decreases, which reduces internal resistance, so the terminal pd is greater. And then since the lamp is in parallel it has the whole terminal pd across it.

agh i see now
For paper 2, do you think any topics of P1 will come up?
I put it gets dimmer for both, but the second one will not dim as much as first one
what were each of the 6 main questions out of, the gate question was out of 9? etc? does anyone remember?
Original post by ummmmmm44
I put it gets dimmer for both, but the second one will not dim as much as first one

Oh I put dimmer for in series brighter when parallel
It was anti up and a down quark. That’s makes a negative kaon which was the only one that could actually exist. Could be horribly wrong tho
what did you guys get for the force on the horizontal component of C when we had angles of 55 and the weight of the load
What do people think grade boundaries are going to be like?
Original post by Magmadude

I put dimmer in series since resistance increases when the length is extended so that wire would take up a larger share of the total PD. For the resistor in parallel, I put the lamp will get brighter. The resistance increasing across the variable resistor would decrease the flow of charge carriers through that loop, which would thus increase the flow of charge carriers through the lamp itself. Could be wrong but idk anymore lol.
Original post by Magmadude

I put that the brightness does not change when lamp is in parallel because it has all the pd
Original post by Chep
Yeah I just remembered it was beta plus decay, and w plus boson

I'm confused. Didn't the proton number go up by one? in which case an electron would be emitted and thus the exchange particle would be W-?
Reply 594
Original post by Happy36900000
rip i got concrete for the material. Idk what I did wrong

Pretty sure it was brass right?
Original post by Chep
Pretty sure it was brass right?

yeah im just dumb :frown:
Original post by abdul 580
what did you guys get for the force on the horizontal component of C when we had angles of 55 and the weight of the load

Can’t fully remember but I remember getting 38 something for an answer but it’s probs completely wrong
Original post by james.osborne
I'm confused. Didn't the proton number go up by one? in which case an electron would be emitted and thus the exchange particle would be W-?

I am prerry sure its a W+ boson because we had 2 protons at first and then we ended up with one
Original post by Ellzbells
Can’t fully remember but I remember getting 38 something for an answer but it’s probs completely wrong

i got 28N
Original post by a_pone
No? The 0.95 is only used for calculating the moment and is irrelevant to resolving the force. You *never* use tan to resolve vectors

Wait what is the method that you did?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending