The Student Room Group

AQA A Level Physics Paper 3 7408/3 - 16 Jun 2022 [Exam Chat]

Scroll to see replies

Original post by fortified_shi
yessir

Original post by cata03
Yh i think i got that too

The last part of that question was pure ******** though, they just put it in there to link mass and energy together. I wrote there's no change in the mass since the object needs to be travelling at speeds close to c for relativistic effects to take place.
What did people get for the first oscilloscope q? Is y-shift a thing?? It made me morby!!
Original post by Stephen.23
ye got something like that did u use E total= 3E rest

E total = 2E0? because Ek=E0
Original post by Thax2000
What did people get for the first oscilloscope q? Is y-shift a thing?? It made me morby!!

idk i put that anways
What did u guys get for when the steel beem is doubled? The 4 marker
Reply 385

That’s what I wrote.. I think it’s right?

me too yh

that's what i put so hopefully
Original post by SDx3
That’s what I wrote.. I think it’s right?

Yeah y shift, shift means just shifting it on the graph, and gain or sensitivity is changing the actual divisions
For the truck moving up the hill did you guys put mgh=rotational KE of flywheel?
Original post by Otis2571
What did u guys get for when the steel beem is doubled? The 4 marker

as length double time taken by wave to travel increases thus wavelength decreases so the maxima on the oscilloscope will be more spread out. idk if its right tho
Reply 391
Yeah y shift, shift means just shifting it on the graph, and gain or sensitivity is changing the actual divisions

Okay so my dodgy knowledge did pull through, just not for some section b stuff.. just 1 markers
Original post by uniprospect121
as length double time taken by wave to travel increases thus wavelength decreases so the maxima on the oscilloscope will be more spread out. idk if its right tho

i meant wavelength increases
Original post by cata03
me too yh

So did you just convert to joules and then divide by the mass of an electron using 1/2mv^2
What did you guys get for the question about the effect of doubling the length of the steal beam? The 4 marker

ugh I thought that it didn’t exist and was trying to trick us 😭😭 so I put y gain noo
For double rod length ,Did you just have to double the time base to 0.1ms so the whole waveform will fit on the screen??!

Thats morbtastic, thanks!! :colonhash:
(edited 1 year ago)

E total = Erest + E kinetic but it said E kinetic was 2x E rest so would be Total= Erest + 2Erest ?
Original post by Stephen.23
E total = Erest + E kinetic but it said E kinetic was 2x E rest so would be Total= Erest + 2Erest ?

it was ek = rest energy no? i thought it was

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending