The Student Room Group

Uni Application Problem

I’m currently on a foundation year at a uni but wanting to use that to transfer to another uni. I’ve been given an offer but I’m in a predicament because they said they won’t allow resits but I already need to resit 2 modules out of the 4 I do currently for semester 1. They said semester 2 resits are too late in the year as they are start of September and I understand that. I’m just worried about my semester 1 resit and what to do next. Semester 1 resits are end of august and they want my results by July. What do I do?
Original post by BChillington
I’m currently on a foundation year at a uni but wanting to use that to transfer to another uni. I’ve been given an offer but I’m in a predicament because they said they won’t allow resits but I already need to resit 2 modules out of the 4 I do currently for semester 1. They said semester 2 resits are too late in the year as they are start of September and I understand that. I’m just worried about my semester 1 resit and what to do next. Semester 1 resits are end of august and they want my results by July. What do I do?

Ask that Uni - no-one else will have this information.
But the section in bold does suggest that you are wasting your time even asking,
Original post by McGinger
But the section in bold does suggest that you are wasting your time even asking,

This year has been difficult for foundation year students on my course and only 90 students out of 300 passed all modules so it’s not just me. They only told me this information when i got my offer so if I knew they didn’t allow resits, like you said I would be wasting my time to even apply. That doesn’t mean that I’ll have to resit semester 2? Things could change and I may get better results in semester 2
Original post by McGinger

The foundation year has been tough this year with only 90 students out of 300 passing all modules. How am I wasting my time exactly? I’ve changed ways in semester 2 and seen better results than semester 1. They never told me no resits and only told me when I got my offer.
Asl the Uni.
Unless your ref is going to give mitigating circumstances explaining why a high proportion of students had to resit, I don't think the incoming uni is going to waive their no resits policy. You can ask, but be prepared for the answer to be a no.

FY's aren't designed to be transferrable, the incoming uni needs a lot of comfort about your performance elsewhere and resits won't give them that, hence the requirement.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending